css

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

css

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

whenever i try to join or even create a server for css my computer always locks up. i have tried uninstalling and reinstallin a couple times, nuthin seem to work, any ideas?
mikE_
Forum Junkie

Post by mikE_ »

do you have a firewall running? if so, it may be prompting you to Allow or Block cs:s/stream.

if this is the case, either go ahead and set cs:s to be allowed on all your firewalls, OR when ur pc appears to lock up, hit alt+tab and select something which will allow you to click "Allow" on your firewall pop-up
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

k thanx man :D
mikE_
Forum Junkie

Post by mikE_ »

veloc1ty wrote:k thanx man :D
let me know if that was the problem... i'm curious
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

well, put it this way, i am not allowed to try the firewall thing (dont ask) :) anyways any1 else have any ideas? i havent seen any1 who has to change their firewall yet. i remmeber when i first got it (came with hl2) i joined a server and it ran fine, now i cant even start my own server without lockin up. i am tryin a reinstall now to c if that helps. any1 have anothr idea? :? :)
mikE_
Forum Junkie

Post by mikE_ »

u sent me a PM saying that fixed the problem...?

not allowed to mess w/ firewall? i'm pretty sure that's it
undertaker
Forum N00b

Post by undertaker »

i have the same problem it just locks up..but my version is not the 1 with HL2...and i have tryed to turn my firewall off and it is still the same :?:
plz plz help anyone..
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

k here is what mine does, if i am on xfire and try to join, i lock up...if i am not on xfire and i try to join, i get in. so i just instead only use steam. doesnt make sense to me but that way it works :? :)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

its Steam thats your problem lolz, from exp. if you delete your css folder at this location (or move[cut] it incase something happens, to your desktop or another location)

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\"UR STEAM ID"\counter-strike source

Then when you restart steam it has to redownload CSS files and USUALLY works. if something happens you can always put the folder back.

Return to “Need Help ??”