Mouse wanders and "jerks" in odd directions

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
Ekibyougami
Forum N00b

Mouse wanders and "jerks" in odd directions

Post by Ekibyougami »

Well i have had this problems with my mouse for a while now, when im playing doom 3 (it does it all the time, not just during doom) my mouse will have a problem where it makes you point at the ceiling ,the floor, or sometimes spin. This happens when you move the mouse slower or a small amount (for using the chaingun at long distance). When it doesent jerk the mouse quickly it makes it slowly move in a direction. Could it be dust in the connection, the mouse, or what?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Re: Mouse wanders and "jerks" in odd directions

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Ekibyougami wrote:Well i have had this problems with my mouse for a while now, when im playing doom 3 (it does it all the time, not just during doom) my mouse will have a problem where it makes you point at the ceiling ,the floor, or sometimes spin. This happens when you move the mouse slower or a small amount (for using the chaingun at long distance). When it doesent jerk the mouse quickly it makes it slowly move in a direction. Could it be dust in the connection, the mouse, or what?
is it a wireless mouse???
I had a wireless mouse once that when batteries got low it would do that.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

This used to happen to me too. It sucks arse when you've got a headshot bead on the guy with your chaingun or rail and then all of a sudden you're looking at the ceiling or the floor and frantically trying to figure out which is it.. the ceiling or the floor?!?
It was worse when I had my sensitivity too low. It was doing it constantly when I had the sens set to 1.5 in Q4. It only happens to me ingame though.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

this is just one of the reasons i HATE wireless things. The ONLY way you could get one you would be happy with is if you spend ALOT of money on one. but who wants to spend 100+ on a mouse...
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

had something alike clear youre driver also from registry usin regcleaner or such a prog then dl the newest driver and add it then tell me if it worked :)

if not check if oure mouse is dirty CLEAN it ;)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

like i said try changing batteries if there are any.
Deathr0w1
Forum Groupie

Post by Deathr0w1 »

Get a new mouse it alwats helps. :lol:
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

This is teh number one wireless mouse, which should work for you ALOT better if you want to stay wireless. And it will be well worth it.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... NTID=10716
You could also go with this if your on a tight budget, but want a great mouse.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... NTID=10121

Logitech has always given me GREAT performance. And I would vote for them having the best Computer accessories.

then again you could buy one for 9.00 at wallmart, but its not the same. You get what you pay for :P
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

logitec suX imo had the g5 greastly dissapointedme
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

The MX1000 has never let me down. :) Never talked to someone who has a problem with it.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

well quit jerkin it!! :shock: :lol: reinstall the drivers if its a copperhead...do i like i do thorw it on the floor :wink:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Equals wrote:The MX1000 has never let me down. :) Never talked to someone who has a problem with it.
Same mouse that I use. It's a lazer, so it works well on any surface too. Can't go wrong with 8 buttons!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826104158
Ekibyougami
Forum N00b

Post by Ekibyougami »

Its not a wireless mouse. Its the mouse that comes with a dell Dimension 5100, it uses a "lazer" on the bottom. Yea the mouse is clean Ub1 :)

The MX1000 is right in my price range for a mouse, ill pick one up soon and see if it gets better. Thanks guys.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

The mx500 > All.

eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Yeah, Sab. My mouse isn't wireless either, but it IS a laser, not optical, but an actual laser...
I'm seeing a pattern here.. :?

Return to “Need Help ??”