computer problems

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
VeNoM

computer problems

Post by VeNoM »

every server i go on lately gives me 800+ lag and i dnt kno why i dont dwnload or anything like that so i cant see the problem any suggestions? =)
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

firewall :o
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Do you know how to run a trace route ??

If not let me know.

PuN
Phobos
Forum Groupie

Post by Phobos »

What is that/what's it do?

PM me if you dont' wanna post.
bruteforce
Forum N00b

Post by bruteforce »

its probobly either your netowrk or your network card is loose there for making the transfer between inetetnet and mobo slower and less efficent
VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

no PuN i have no idea so any info wud be v.helpful ty =)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

are you running any new programs l8ly? i know my ping doubles when i have fraps just RUNNNING in background. and if your downloading stuff its normal.

we going to need a bit more info.
VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

well i close limewire and all ova programs that i fink cud be affecting it butn still my lag hits 999 and i cnt move and now people are saying i do it on purpose cuz i suk and i have no idea y it happens =)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

press Ctrl + Alt + Delete click processes. make the window so all of the programs are shown and they are in size order, from most to least. Then take a screenshot by pressing prt scrn, and then pasting it in a paint program. Send me a screenshot of your processes.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Trace routes can be VITAL, when troubleshooting pinging/lagging issues to servers, even websites. The deal is, the EVERY request either on a website, or a server, has to HOP through multiple HOPS, to get to and from the destination. When you are having issues, you need to know WHERE it is getting bad. Sometimes, you can hop 10,20, sometimes 30 hops depending.

Here's how you do it:

Start >> Run >> CMD >> tracert {destination server, host, IP}

Example:

tracert www.exg-clan.com
tracert 64.182.158.105

Once you do that you will see the entire Trace Route of your machine to the server/host.

Your first or second hop may ping out (*) due to firewalls/routers, but keep an eye on them ms pings after that. You should start out low, 5-10, 15 ms in the beginning, and then the further you go, the higher they will get. Things to look out for are large spikes, VERY high pings all of a sudden, will tell you where the problem is. Also, if you are pinging high, RIGHT at the beginning, then the problem is on your end.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I just thought of this, and its kind of stupid, by why not check. Unplug your router and or modem (from power outlet) for 30 sec then plug them all back in. Sometimes my internet gets all fucked and that usually fixes it.
VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

hey sab that worked the first 2 times but now its bk to usual lagging out but not as bad now it just spikes alot =)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Its probably your router. Try going directly from the modem bos to ur computer. If that works, you'll have to buy a new router.
VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

f**k it i'll just buy a new 1 thnx for the help neway sab =)
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

:)

Return to “Need Help ??”