Random Pause?

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Random Pause?

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I have come to notice a strange thing that happens when i'm playing my games. for ex. Ill be playing fear normal fps and all, then at random points as i go along My game will freeze for 2 sec and then the fps counter climbs rapidly from 0 fps. This especially happens the most if i was to open a door, go around a corner or fire a gun or use an item for the first time. It has also happened to me in BF2, and sometimes in D3.
I originally thought it was my hard drive having to load textures, or effects, but after cleaning my drive running a defrag and checking for errors, and it stil does it im a bit skeptical.

I have
Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2Ghz
AGP 256MB X800GTO
1GB Corsair RAM
Western Digital Caviar WD2000BB 200GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

It's most likely system lag. It might be server lag, but I doubt it. I need to upgrade my processor as soon as I can afford it. But between paying back rent, the custody lawyer, and buying a new car,... I just can't swing it just yet.
In other words, it's been happening to me too. Just try to minimize ram eaters outside of game.
wrath of god

Post by wrath of god »

I had this problem when i was running a 2800+. But as soon as I turned the system setttings to low and turned off the advanced settings - it all stopped. I was also running a 9800 pro vid card at the time. I still wont run outside programs while im in game. I wont run xfire or anything like that. I can run on higher settings now without lag - but I still run on low. I just got use to it.

Return to “Need Help ??”