Q Tracker tutorial, Why is kicka a$$ (Pics Included)

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Q Tracker tutorial, Why is kicka a$$ (Pics Included)

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

OK, this is for the eXg guys, and our friends. Although there are a few Game Server Browsers out there, ie. All Seeing Eye, etc., Q Tracker is my favorite. You can browse games, add players to your Friend list, view server info, ping, traceroute, even RCON a FULL server, without even being in it. Read that last one twice, as it is VERY powerful.

First, go and get it:

http://www.QTracker.com

Install it, and run it for the first time, either letting it browse for what games you have installed, or you can manually add them. Now fire it up. First you want to make it simple, create a NEW FOLDER to put all your GOTTA WATCH servers in it. You can highlight the game, say Doom3, in this example, and right click:

Now you can Add your New Folder, hell call it eXg, hehe.

Once you have your new folder added, and named, you can easily add serverrs to it. Again, right click but this time choose, to New Server.

Now enter the IP, and port:

Pretty tough huh. LOL. Now do the above for as many servers that you want to keep easy access to. Why???? Because server's loose their heartbeat to ID's master server, and then sometimes don't show up in the IN GAME browser. Just get all your favorite GO TO servers in a folder or folders. Now let's see how you do it. You can either check, refresh, your special servers (in your folder), or you can check the Internet ones:

Now lets check all the stuff you can see and do, not even having to BE in the server:

You can do pretty much anything, except hard start, and stop the server. You can view players, data rates, maps, settings, even RCON (The Administration tab) outside the server. NOTE: When you first try and rcon, you will have to enter the rcon password in Qtracker so you can be authorized to do it in the future. Once you tell QTracker it remembers it for you:

As you can see, you just type the command into the input area, type any rcon you want, WITHOUT typing rcon first, ie just type the command:

That's about it. Once you are an admin and have multple servers, this is a huge plus. Time saver, player tracking, etc. Now even occasionally you may loose the heartbeat, and a server may not show up in QT, but the odds are, they will almost always be here.

PuN
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

Awesome...program updates Pun holla at ya BOI!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Thanks Jagg.

PuN
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

That Qtrack version looks nice, I like the interface... I'll have to get that on my pc when I reformat.
eXg. Tokealot1919
Inactive

Post by eXg. Tokealot1919 »

very nice pun im downloading right now :D
Steam ID: Tokealot1919
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Thanks guys.

PuN
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

Post by eXg. FroggY »

Hey Pun! Did you try with exg euro quake 4 server?Cause it seems i can't manage with this one... :? Worked fine for every servers except that one...
Oh yeah forgot that...As soon as i can upgrade my server to xbatlle and some other maps i'll rename it "eXg euro server 2" if you guys agree and until i give it back!PM for that if you agree.
Bye!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Thanks alot Froggy. Appreciate you helping out with another server. What I've notice is that with certain mods, and/or VERSIONS of the mods, QT, may show it as a 0/0 server, but you can still join. Saw this START to happen with the latest version of Q4Max.

PuN
3xH
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by 3xH »

<-- Already a QT user and proud of it 8) Gets my thumbs up!
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

Question: Do you need a program to run a rented server?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

When you say "run", no. You pay the host to through another server on one of their boxes. Generally they'll give you a fair to mid grade way to start/stop, admin, update the server, and typically you can use a FTP prog to upload mods, maps as opposed to the lame browser based program they offer.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

Sweet! Just wondering because I really don't know much about the console in-game but I'll figure that out soon enough.

Return to “Need Help ??”