weird error in doom3

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

weird error in doom3

Post by eXg. focus »

I'm getting a strange error when I try to join the eXg CHI server. It's not loading, saying theres a problem in the pistol something or other saying "unknown event golden shot"

Has anyone heard of this? anything short of a full install would be preferable, since I've got 1.3.1 in main doom3 folder, and a separate doom folder for 1.3. :?: :?:
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: weird error in doom3

Post by simulation »

f0cus wrote:I'm getting a strange error when I try to join the eXg CHI server. It's not loading, saying theres a problem in the pistol something or other saying "unknown event golden shot"

Has anyone heard of this? anything short of a full install would be preferable, since I've got 1.3.1 in main doom3 folder, and a separate doom folder for 1.3. :?: :?:
Sounds like you have some weird combination of PK4 files in the version of emz you're trying to join the CHI server with, which is running 1.1 IIRC.

The "golden shot" feature came in with EMZ 1.21 and the script that is failing would be in emz003.pk4 (weapon_pistol.script). What should happen is that D3/EMZ starts with the highest version you have installed when you run it. It then contacts the server and then restarts using the files for the version running on the server.

Check the emz folder in your "1.3" install of Doom. The only files you need to join 1.1 and 1.21 servers (I assume you're on windows) are:

game04.pk4
game08.pk4
emz000.pk4
emz001.pk4
emz002.pk4
emz003.pk4

Sounds to me like you have emz003.pk4 but don't have game08.pk4.

Any other PK4 files in your D3 1.3 install's emz folder can be deleted.

Also double-check that there are no files like emz*.pk4 in your "base" folder and that you only have game00.pk4, game01.pk4, game02.pk4, game03.pk4.

If nothing seems to work you could delete your emz folder from the D3 1.3 install and join the server. I think it has autodownload set up and should give you what you need.

Sim
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

yup that got it. ;)

thanks Sim. :)

Return to “Need Help ??”