server chat...

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

server chat...

Post by eXg. FroggY »

Could someone make a little tuto so that i can learn how to read what it's said on my server and chat with people when i'm not in...I use Q tracker and HSLW and the all seeing eyes...Thanks a lot :wink:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmm, you are talking about a Q4 server right ?? Well I have not had much luck with it as far as generating server logs:

Code: Select all

seta logFile "1"
seta logfilename "eXgserverlog.log"
It's not very verbose regarding text chats. There are a few options regarding that level, but not sure if it will give you what you want. Hehhe, maybe THAT will be address as soon as the "I can't believe it's still not fixed" AutoDownLoad.

PuN
XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

Hey Pun, I think he's looking for the command along the lines of:

rcon server say "blah blah blah" <-- but i don't think that's exactly right.....
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Nice catch X, I completely missed that. WooooopZ. Yes, if you have QTracker, you can TALK but not see or hear what is said. You can rcon say "hello", but any responses will not show up on your end. If you have the dedicated box at your location, obviously you could type say "hello" in the dedicated command line, and see it and any responses in the text area.

USAGE:

(Qtracker, or IN game) rcon say "Something" <enter>
(In dedicated server window) say "Somtehing" <enter>

PuN

Return to “Need Help ??”