free music!!!

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

free music!!!

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

plz help!!! any1 know any good sites to download free music? all the places i find that dont look like they will give u 10000000 virus's is all music no1 has ever heard of. any1 kno some good sites??
gnarlyDUCK
Forum Junkie

Post by gnarlyDUCK »

... find a private tracker... like demonoid.
You have just read a post by gnarlyDUCK!
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I just use programs, as opposed to sites. You need to make sure that you don't get the ones with spyware, malware and all that other bad stuff.

I use Limewire and bittorrent, and both work fine for me. :)
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

eXg. Matt110189 wrote:I just use programs, as opposed to sites. You need to make sure that you don't get the ones with spyware, malware and all that other bad stuff.

hhm..alot of people i kno who have used limewire have gotten virus's. u havent had any trouble wit it?
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

www.mininova.org best torrent site that ive used
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

ok i have a noob question. what is a torrent site?
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

if you plan to use limewire i can help you on makin it pro for free reduces the risk of virusses exponential
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

eXg. Veloc1ty wrote:ok i have a noob question. what is a torrent site?
a torrent is site wher it host music. movies, games and ect for you.

how does a torrent work? a Torrent works by a program such Has ABC, Bittorrent and many others. When you download a torrent it depends on seeders and leachers the more seeders and leachers the faster your download goes.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
gnarlyDUCK
Forum Junkie

Post by gnarlyDUCK »

eXg. Veloc1ty wrote:ok i have a noob question. what is a torrent site?
Torrent site is like using Google to find files (movies, rips, apps, etc.)

Basically for "torrenting" youll have a Torrent Client such as BitTorrent or uTorrent (theres many more). This client will do the work as far as downloading your files.

Then youll use whats called a torrent. In better terms.. Torrent is the file which tells your client where it needs to download from. Torrent contain information from trackers to let you know how many users are downloading/uploading.

So, when you go to the torrent sites to look for whatever you want, you just keyword search, click on what looks like the best selection, check the details and comments to make sure its a good copy, click download....
... then itll ask you to save/open the torrent.
I usually click on open with... select uTorrent, and... then it starts downloading.
You have just read a post by gnarlyDUCK!
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. Veloc1ty wrote:
eXg. Matt110189 wrote:I just use programs, as opposed to sites. You need to make sure that you don't get the ones with spyware, malware and all that other bad stuff.

hhm..alot of people i kno who have used limewire have gotten virus's. u havent had any trouble wit it?
As long as you're competent you won't get a virus. For instance, I always check the file format, and if it's not an mp3 or recognizable one... don't download it lol. Check bitrates on the download, anything between 128-320 is usually fine, and make sure that the track length matches (wikipedia ftw!).

Takes a few seconds most of the time because all of the information is there. I've never picked up any virus or harmful spyware/malware from it though.

Of course, if all else fails for getting music, the trusty Matt is always here and willing to share his stuff :P :D
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

eXg. Matt110189 wrote:
Of course, if all else fails for getting music, the trusty Matt is always here and willing to share his stuff :P :D
hhmm..the songs i am lookin for right now are: afi-miss murder, bodies-drowning pool, and someday-nickleback. any chance u have any of those? :)
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

All 3 lol. Hit me up on xfire sometime, or add my msn, mattcowan1989"at"hotmail.com
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

www.rapidshared.org. It has rapidshare.com files cached...just search for videos, games, music, whatever.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

hey jsut an FYi what ever you guys wind up getting into. Make damn sure you have your browser set up to view file extensions, and make sure you inspect every file before download. I know its a PITA, but, better safe then end up like me reformatting. three times, $300, in the hole for an OS and another $300, for PSU due to an MP3 virus. Don't trust that its an .mp3. The file extension could be .mp3.exe. and then you are screwed. :)

GL HF

Return to “Need Help ??”