dual layer writer problem

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

dual layer writer problem

Post by m1nd »

Ok so my dad's old writer didn't work anymore, so he bought a new one. It's a Lite-on Dual Layer DVDwriter on IDE. READ CAREFULLY :D

I built it in and set the jumper on the duallayer on master and the reader on slave. I tried to boot up but it keeps hanging at the screen where you get the F2 to enter boot setup, DEL to enter setup etc. I can't open the writer it only sits there showing a green light while the dvdromreader flashes a couple of times with his light and then goes off.(until i press the eject button ofcourse then itll open and show the light again)

It stays there. Also when I start up the duallayers light goes on green immediately and stays there. Like it's hanging or something. So I tried several things

Boot up with only the Lite-on Duallayer writer set to master.
DIDNT WORK hangs on same bootupscreen

Boot up with dvdromreader
WORKs

Boot up with dvdromreader set to master and duallayerwriter
WORKS, but lamp on writer stayed green constant , and pc can't find the duallayer writer and becomes extremely slow.

Set them both 2 cable select:
Worked to boot, but was slow and pc couldnt find dual layerwriter and lamp stays green cant open writer nothing

Set the reader to IDE1 and writer to IDE2 both on master.
Didnt work,

SET the reader to IDE1 and writer to IDE2 , reader on slave writer on master and vica versa. not working

Set the reader to IDE2 and writer to IDE2 and tried the same stuff as above. not working

I don't understand the previous writer worked perfectly but died. So it did work on one IDE port/cable.....

Please anyone help?

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

why do you boot from youre writer?
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

Im booting from my HD, but thats not the problem and all :P I want the writer to work :P lol

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

bought a new writer its working now :P they gave me a broken one bastards...

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. M1ND wrote:bought a new writer its working now :P they gave me a broken one bastards...

Im late on this one but yeah, the burner was def bad. The computer hung because it was having a terrible time trying to "ID" the drive.

Return to “Need Help ??”