COD4 settings question

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
cancelled
Forum N00b

COD4 settings question

Post by cancelled »

Can somebody help me configure my COD4 so it is optimum for online play? Like taking out Bumpmaps, details, whatever that will help me aim better.

Thanks
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

aiming is all in the wrist and arm. no number of graphical tweaks will actually improve your hand eye coordination. however, there are definitely some basic (and some really extreme) things you can do to improve frame rates.

general tips:
turn down or off antialiasing
turn most of the environmental stuff down or off
turn down or turn off ansiotropic filtering
turn your texture filtering to bilinear (that is the lowest cod4 goes)
turn all your advanced texture setting to low
and lastly, run at a lower resolution.

now, there are some configs out there that can improve fps, but they sacrifice a whole crap ton in terms of visuals for it. i bet a google search for "cod4 config files" or something like that will bring up some sites with config files or suggestions.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
cancelled
Forum N00b

Post by cancelled »

aiming is all in the wrist and arm. no number of graphical tweaks will actually improve your hand eye coordination
I am aware that aim is all according to the player. I was just wondering if there was any settings that could help my view, which does help for aim.

Turning down anisotropic filtering wouldnt be the best choice (imo), it is made for long distance view, making it clearer.

My fps is 65+ and my settings are almost all maxed out. If there is no usually known config file configuration out there (like doom or quake), then I guess lowering some texture settings will help improve fps...

What FPS am I looking for for optimal performance? I once asked an Ophthalmologist about the max refresh rate the human eye can see. He answered 60-90, depending on the individual and his state of mind. It differs.

let me know
, run at a lower resolution.
unless you use CRT, LCD screens create blurry images when you dont use its primary resolution. My own experience showed me that the higher the res it (if your pc can support a good fps rate) is the better. Image is much more precise, especially from far.
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

my pc averages around 75-85 fps with everything maxed, but i kinda ... well just look at my pc stats. yeah. anyways, i wasn't trying to talk down man, sorry if it came across like that. my bad.

and yeah, though turning ansiotropic down will decrease distance view, it won't change model visibility. in fact, it may actually be to your advantage to have lower rez textures in the distance because then movement will be more recognizable.

if you feel that you are playing in a "zoomed in" or really tight fov, then you can do "\cg_fov #" and # can be anything between 65 and 80. that may help you if you feel like your peripheral vision is cut down. the thing is, setting a higher fov will give you a wider view, but also "zoom out" a bit.
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
cancelled
Forum N00b

Post by cancelled »

Thanks allot for the help, very usefull information :D
i wasn't trying to talk down man, sorry if it came across like that. my bad.
What? LOL no way man I ain't even thinking about that! Not one second I felt you were talking me down.

Return to “Need Help ??”