internet help

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
SunTzu

internet help

Post by SunTzu »

yep its that time again omfg

i recently bought a new network card from netgear replacing the one of sweex(lol)

there remains a problem as my internet runs like crap the Mbps of the card goes up and down but never really getting on the speed its suppose to
the signal is from very weak to no signal with even internet falling away and reconnects again

now i tryed everything i know from total reconfiguring , diff antenna ( o yea its wireless ) even run gpedit.msc to disable bandwith usage from QoS

i cant play online games as my ping goes up and down constantly 9/10 times i have to retry inet pages as it times out o i also did a few speed tests but they varied from 100kb/40kb to 6000kb/900kb

any ideas suggestions? as my online gaming will b a no go if i cant solve this retarted crap

Sun
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

take your router out of the cement bunker in your basement.

seriously though, how many walls/floors does the router's signal have to pass through? also, you might try getting into the router's settings and see what channel it is on. my roommate had the exact same issue with his card until we changed the channel the router was sending out on. make sure you have a pc that can be hard connected to the router because you may choose a channel that your card can not actually detect. or, like in my case there may be a channel that completely disables your wireless card.

if all that fails go buy a long cat5 cable. ;)
better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and erase all doubt.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

chjannels goopd and same i live on an ark (boat) no cement except whats in the water 2 basic thin construction walls ( not sure how to tell never used in english lol) this setup is working over a year only thing changed is my card and im not the access point

btw as i write this ive seen my inet disconnecting and recieving netwerk ID

it would b virtually impossible to hook up a cable alot of work and it ''might'' work ( which im myself are unable to do with 1 arm
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

well, then you really really really should check and see if you can change the channel that the router is broadcasting at. if you can't do it your self then you need to find out who can because i will go out on a limb and say that may very well be the problem.

also, the thickness of the wall isn't always a good indication of what may be causing problems. it could be what is in the walls (lots of wires etc) or it could be that some phones are messing with your signal. i know my roommate's old router would stop sending a signal out whenever i used my cell phone. so it could be some other electronic device interfering.

but again, try as best you can to get the channels changed.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

inet does stop if our normal phone rings etc ive treid 4 channels sofar iether no diffrence or worse

i also use a program called networkstumbler and it shows that i only have 1 other which it can find on channel 11 rest mostly 1or9
supercat1
Forum Elite

Post by supercat1 »

wow that really sucks. did your internet work with the previous card? and if so why did you change cards?
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

eXg. supercat1 wrote:wow that really sucks. did your internet work with the previous card? and if so why did you change cards?

was screwing new high range antenna on it and basiccly pulled half the card out and snapped lol i now turned in router cobfig AP solution on (or something like that) and i did play some games still sucked with more then 4 ppl on the server tho
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

well thanks for the help cat :)

Return to “Need Help ??”