Web design?

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
[RIOT]Makanator
Forum N00b

Web design?

Post by [RIOT]Makanator »

Looking for a little help in the Web Design department if any of you guys could be so kind.

I've been designing the Web Site for Q4RIOT for sometime now and it's time for a new look for us. In the past I've used strictly HTML due to my limited knowledge.

I'm now beginning to learn a bit of CSS combined with HTML to make things a bit easier on me. My question is how do I even begin to learn the aspects of PHP and/or is this what i need?

What I want to do is have a login for members and for them to have the ability to change their profiles and such. Maybe even post News on a "Clan News" page.

Anyone willing to take me under their wing and teach me a thing or two.

Any help would be appreciated in pointing me in the right direction. I've always liked the way you guys have laid out your site!

Thanks, MAKANATOR
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Thanks for the props on the site. The easiest way to do what you want to do, is to find a CMS that works for you, and modify it graphically to look the way you want it to. Setting up a password/login system is one thing, but to have profiles and more, it's easier to use existing code that's out there, and modify it.

PuN
[RIOT]Makanator
Forum N00b

Thanks for the kick in the right direction Pun! I'm doing the research on the CMS programs now. Whole new world to me. We'll see how this goes :)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Just answered your PM about the fail to connect error, hit me back.

PuN
[RIOT]Makanator
Forum N00b

Got it to install, Finally 8)
Sent ya a PM

Return to “Need Help ??”