Laptop Drivers? cant find em

Site, server, even PC probs. put them up.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Laptop Drivers? cant find em

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Im installing Windows 7 32bit on my laptop.. im having problems with my cd/dvd.. i get the cd in it boots from it and then it tells me that ther drivers are missing...

Its a Dell Inspiron 600m old but durable fine for college so i thought, no os no laptop -_- Can any1 help me..?

:? :?
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

these are the only drivers for your laptop that dell supports. mind you I have a dell inpirion 8600, 8500, and a couple latitudes all running windows 7 with no problems. I never had to install one driver. But here is the link for you

http://support.dell.com/support/downloa ... id=&impid=
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Alright, But how the heck do i get this in a floppy or a cd so that i can run this setup.. =\
:? :? :?
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

best thing to do is get a memory stick for about 10 dollars at walmart. USB all the way baby.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Lol ill try to but tell me how to get it to move onto the flash drive its not leting me
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

copy and paste. when the usb stick is inserted it should create a new drive in "My Computer". Just double click that drive and copy and paste it to there.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

i sware this $#@*&# laptop is makin me look stupid to all of ya
But..

Its not seeing the f*****g file!! Wth!?
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

well if its a system file, it could be hidden so go to control panel>folder options>view tab> Show Hidden Files and Folders should be selected and hide protected operating system files should be ticked. if it ask yes or no on the last one say yes. when your done undo all that. :) unless you know what your doing. :lol: :D
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Late to the show, but mem stick FTW
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. CaMeL wrote:well if its a system file, it could be hidden so go to control panel>folder options>view tab> Show Hidden Files and Folders should be selected and hide protected operating system files should be ticked. if it ask yes or no on the last one say yes. when your done undo all that. :) unless you know what your doing. :lol: :D
Camel, This is whats on my laptop right now.

Unactivated win XP Pro, i dont want to activate it to reinstall over that os..

So im just goin with what i can
this stupid laptop is being a pain in the ass!

its really at the point where i am getting pissed off at it..
I mean really "Cannot read CD. Please locate drivers for CD/DVD drive to continue"

WTF? how can it tell me that in the first place.. it read the damn disk... Grr!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

well it sounds like you have a problem with your cdrom. every windows machine uses a generic driver for the cdrom until windows can recognize it. This driver has been in existance since the ole DOS days. So you computer should pick it up. in most dell laptops on the cdrom side there is a button that will allow you to remove the cdrom. try removing it and reinserting it and see what happens.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. CaMeL wrote:well it sounds like you have a problem with your cdrom. every windows machine uses a generic driver for the cdrom until windows can recognize it. This driver has been in existance since the ole DOS days. So you computer should pick it up. in most dell laptops on the cdrom side there is a button that will allow you to remove the cdrom. try removing it and reinserting it and see what happens.
Done that many times ={

Its annoying... -_-

Return to “Need Help ??”