eXg. Matt110189/eQuals updated 4/19/09

BIOS, Give us the 411. Pics, (1024X768) are encouraged.
hadriel
Open Roster

eXg. Matt110189/eQuals updated 4/19/09

Post by hadriel »

Matt110189

My name is Matt Cowan, I’m 19 years old and my hometown is Burlington, Ontario, Canada...I'm currently living in Waterloo Ontario though. I'm just finishing up my 2nd year at Wilfrid Laurier University in Business. In the winters I do a lot of snowblading, skiing and snowboarding. I also play bass guitar. Aside from spending time with my friends, working, etc. I try to get as much gaming in as I can, and my other passion is music. I listen to craploads of different artists and genres. My iTunes is currently counting in at 18630 songs (54.8 days, 122gb)..lol. And I currently work for Deloitte & Touche LLP, a chartered accounting firm, as a coop intern in the audit department for private company services. :)

Gaming History

I’ve been gaming as far back as I can remember. It all started with Sonic the hedgehog on my Sega Genesis and some old DOS games like Diamond Dash and Duke Nukem. My dad was the one who got me into gaming for the most part… I’d watch him play Doom and Doom II when I was little. Unfortunately he doesn’t game with me anymore because he’s busy with work so he can only fit a few rounds of Gamecube or Xbox in now and again. I also have 2 brothers and a sister who all game to some degree. Neil (equals), has been gaming for about as long as I have, we’ve played a lot of the same games together. My other brother isn’t really into games as much, he plays through singleplayer games and a little bit of Diablo 2 every now and then. I never really got serious into gaming until I was about 12.. I picked up the game Red Faction and played that for about a half a year. I moved onto Diablo 2 from there and played during the 1.10 patch for a year straight, probably still my most played game of all time. From Diablo 2, I started to break off and play a lot more games of different genres. I played Ut 2003 for a bit, along with star wars battlefront. I started playing Doom 3 online when ROE was released, just over a year now I think. On my second day playing I ran into Pun and got the site for {VA-FFA}. I was only in for about a week or two, when the clan quit. Several days later eXg. started up, and I joined up. I played ctf primarily, but have just recently gotten a bit more into tourney. I play for fun, and I hate e-drama, so I always try my best to keep stuff at a low. I’m no noob to clans. I’ve been in/ran clans since I was about 13 over multiple games… some of them being large online guilds, smaller online clans such as my first clan in Red Faction, and even smaller clans started up with my friends from school in Diablo 2.

As most of you know, I've been a member of the eXg. team for several years (took a bit of a hiatus at one point), during which I played Doom 3, Quake 4, CSS, BF2, and several other games.

During my departure, I made a small return to Quake 4 for a bit, but lost interest in that in just a week or so. I started playing a fair bit of guitar hero at res, and still continue to play that in my free time, along with rockband. I've got almost 200 downloaded rockband tracks, haha.. so I like it a fair bit. I can do expert guitar and bass on most songs, making my way through expert vocals and I can play drums on hard fairly decently. I also made a small return to D3 for the 50 CAL tourney, which was lots of fun!

Since I've rejoined...ironically enough, I really haven't been gaming all that much. Just been hella busy with life lol. In terms of gaming, recently I've been playing a lot of mario kart....if you saw the spreadsheets that my roomates and I keep for our score-tracking for the game you'd probably poop your pants...and then laugh at me. lol! I play some Counter-Strike from time to time when I get the chance too.

I am still anxiously awaiting Diablo 3!

I’ve also had plenty of aliases I’ve gone by throughout my time gaming. My first ingame name was actually Mattinator. Some of my other names included: Lorion, |-|01y $|-|!+, en1gma, Belial666, Matt110189, Annihilus and conundrum_, Hadriel

I love everyone in eXg. they’re my family away from my family!!! :D Gaming has become a passion for me. Everyone that I've met through this team/community has had an enormous impact on the past several years of my life, and I really can not express how glad I am that I've had the opportunity to build these bonds with a bunch of you!

Contact info:

My xfire is lorion123
MSN/email is Mattcowan1989"at"hotmail.com
my last.fm is http://www.last.fm/user/Matt110189/
My facebook is http://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=672690149

We've currently got a facebook group up and running for eXg and friends, so if you've got an account on their, join up and rep the team! And add me as well ;)

Some other random stuff about me:

Favorite Music:

In Flames, The Agony Scene, AFI, Dark Tranquillity, Sonata Arctica, Iron Maiden, The Offspring, Soilwork, Fall Out Boy, Scar Symmetry, Metallica, Anti-Flag, Trivium, Mercenary, Nightwish, Atreyu, Dimmu Borgir, Dir en Grey, Blink-182, Killswitch Engage, Rise Against, Pain, Spineshank, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Coheed and Cambria, Amon Amarth, Before the Dawn, dredg, Heaven Shall Burn, Disturbed, Iced Earth, Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Coldplay, Five Finger Death Punch, Jimmy Eat World, Linkin Park, Silverstein, Sonic Syndicate, System of a Down, Blood Stain Child, Evans Blue, The Midway State

Favorite Shows:
Pure Pwnage, Red vs. Blue, South Park, Friends, Dragon Ball Z, Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, Band of Brothers, Unforgotten Realms

Favorite Movies:
Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Toy Story 1 & 2, Bambi, Fight Club, The Green Mile, The Dark Knight, The Matrix, Sin City, Lion King, Zoolander, Jurassic Park, 28 Days Later, Sweeney Todd, Wall-E

Favorite Books:
Of Mice And Men, Catcher in the Rye, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Lord of the Flies, The Hobbit, The Wheel of Time Series

Bands that I've seen Live...in order:
The White Stripes
Dan Sartain
Sonata Arctica
Sanctity
Nightwish
Sonic Syndicate
Silverstein
illScarlett
At the Gates
Darkest Hour
Municipal Waste
Toxic Holocaust
Iggy Pop & the Stooges
Fucked Up
Slipknot
Disturbed
DragonForce
Mastodon
Five Finger Death Punch
Black Tide
Airbourne
The Red Chord
Alexisonfire
Johnny Truant
In Flames
All That Remains
Gojira
36 Crazyfists
The Killers
The M83's
Soilwork
Swallow the Sun
Darkane
Warbringer

Most Recent pics:

Older Pics:

eQuals

Ok so I am 16 years old now, my name is Neil but I go by eQuals or IEqualsGood in long. I’m Matt’s brother, and live in Ontario/Canada. When I was like 2 I started playing sega genises, with games like sonic and stuff like that got a lot of fun out of it….but my competitive side started to show early. Me and Matt would always play this Power Rangers fighting game similar to Mortal Kombat except…well…Power Rangers, and we had some pretty intense fights =D. I also remember pwning doom 1 & 2 at like age 4. From there when I was like 5 of so I can’t remember we got an n64 and switched over to the Nintendo games and for some years, gradually got into more and more, I guess you could say violent, games until we were pretty much playing FPS well and could throw up a good fight at golden eye and perfect dark. During this time I also started Diablo 2 on single player…hadn’t quite been on the internet gaming yet, and started up age of empires 2 on the PC (these 2 games happen to be my favorite 2 games of all time, you could say I got pretty good). From there I kept playing new n64 games until I got into some starter PC games. I can’t quite remember the very first game I played online…but a good guess that it was either Red Faction or Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault, pretty sure Red Faction game first. I started playing online constantly, and me and Matt got very, very good at it. We pretty much rolled everyone. We joined a clan called [Ladro]…my first clan…and got to know the people well and starting ripping up the game but as a clan now. I still do remember a few clans that got real pissed at us when we pwned them clan vs. clan….SK and CK I think they were, heh that’s when I was introduced to real smack talk online, it was very entertaining. I also played some MoH in there and got pretty good at it. During this time I was still playing n64 a lot, and the next to come were the gamecube/xbox…got introduced to a lot of cool games like Halo and such and pretty much just had fun playing with RL friends on good old console, never really got old. By this time I had pretty much quit playing PC fps, just wasn’t anything really interesting me at the time. When I was like 11 or 12 I started playing Diablo 2 with some real life friends for about a year and got really really “godly” in the pvp aspects of the game, I was in a clan with a bunch of real life friends most lived in our city and went to our school….during this time I got so sick of edrama and s**t from people whining and crying and decided to just say f**k it and ignore it, just keep on owning. From there some of those same clan members introduced me to guild wars, and it’s been like 2 years now and I’m a top PvP player…been in top 5 of 20,000+ guilds. It started as just a RL friend thing but I kept getting more competitively involved and my name got out there, I could get into almost any guild I wanted after some months of playing with a guild called DoP who had the coolest people I have ever met online, stayed with them for almost half a year until they quit playing GW. From there Matt started playing doom3 and quake 4 with you guys so I just got more competitive with guild wars and played with a Korean guild for some months….it was very fun…but anyways. So yeah I was still playing FPS for fun like unreal tournament, star wars battlefront and stuff with this clan that I’d been in for like a year already called TSC and we played like AA and BFME as well, did a lot with them I guess I skipped too far ahead >_>.
At the moment I play WoW

Last edited by hadriel on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:49 am, edited 28 times in total.
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

nice bio man! if you sway from using 'mattinator' as an alias, i'd stick w/ 'lorion'. very original and unique.
eXg. apo
Open Roster

Post by eXg. apo »

nice bios both of you :)
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Nice bio both of ya :)
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Dude, one of the coolest peeps I know, Matt! Nice to read your bio and even better to game with you! See ya soon bro!

eXg.bob!
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

cool guys =] nice bios
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Very nice Matt. And although I see some of what Motion said about Lorion, I can't think of anything more fitting, than Mattinator. :)

PuN
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Very nice Matt. And although I see some of what Motion said about Lorion, I can't think of anything more fitting, than Mattinator. :)

PuN
true, but i like lorion. haha
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Cool Bio guys... Yeah nice :D

man...... i got to start and make 1
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Good stuff guys, nice to find out about you and the pics are a def + .
Equals if you want in this clan you best start typing in . . . pragraphs lol!
Hurts my eyes reading this stuff at close to 2am :)
I'm messing wit ya ;)
Good stuff guys keep it up.
Matt u pwn
and if equals is your bro thats good enough for me ;)
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Post by eXg. HollowPo1nt »

bout time i seen the ass thats been slayin me :wink: nice matt 8)
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

hehe, thanks guys! :)
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

lol, I'm sorry I was kind of in a rush typing it myself, I normally write in paragraphs >_>
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Nice bio the both of you. I like putting faces on my quake models muahahahaha!

eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

very nice bios guys nice to meet you equals :D

Return to “BIOS”