Ok...I give in.

Public Ogame area, no sensitive info please :)
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Ok...I give in.

Post by Pandoz »

Alright, I gotta try this damn game haha. I played planetarium for a while, but then you had to pay for the dumb thing. I believe it's nearly the same thing (it's a space battle where you have to attack to take over fleets and planets and it's all math/text based on time-alloted events)...

So, yea. I want to join and the only thing I need to know is join universe 12? and then request to join the eXg alliance?

If there is anything else I should know before signing up please tell me because I will be signing up in the next few hours.

Ryan
Detrimentalsysmd

Post by Detrimentalsysmd »

I just lost all respect for you...

/sad panda
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

good...my plan is working better than I thought haha.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

ROTFL Detri. You are on a 5 post run here. I've not been able to hold my coffee in my hand while reading any of your last. :)

Pandoz, fear not, we've been trying to get him help for that little "problem" he's got, but it hasn't worked yet. :)

Fear not what you do not know, only fear that which you cannot overcome. Hehehe. Unless anyone has any objections, I think 12 would be a good uni to start out in. Yes, it is deadly slow in the beginning, and yes, it can be tedious. I would think, however, with your statictical/mathmatical background, :O, should be a cakewalk for you. Free, is you don't mind adds, 4.00/month to buy outta the adds (Commander), and it is entirely based around 4 principal elements, 3 of which are mined from your planets mines, (Metal, Crystal, and Deut.), and 1 (Power) which is basically a "bought/built" resource. The higher your mines are, the more they "produce" (mine), per hour, but the more power they require to operate. As your mine levels increase, you can build more types of buildings, including Research Labs, which when built to the proper level, can Research New Technologies, which allow for anything from faster space travel, and espinaqe capabillity (spying on possible target planets), but also increased weapon damage, defenses, sheilding, etc.

Everything revolves around the 3 resources and power. You can have a max of 9 planets (created by building/sending Colony Ships) to empty spots in the universe. A smart tactic, is to rapidly get, and build Colony ships, and rapidly get your 9 planets going. Then, using the multiples of production, you can get many mines working simultaneously, to net a "combined" work effort, and greater production.

One important thing of note, once you start to get mid-high level, and have a sufficient fleet. Fleet saving (sending out/hiding) your fleet (packed with all your resources) is critical when you are going to be AFK. Sending out on long missions with decreased speed, to match their return time, for your estimated online time, will become manditory. There's ALWAYS a bigger fish, and if they probe (espinage) your planet, while you're AFK, even with a heavy defense, and see your ships, and resources just sitting there, hehe, they will come for it.

Next lesson will be on Moons, and Light Beer. Stay tuned...........

PuN
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

Alright cool. Got started. Sent an alliance request to the eXgw

Here's some stuff from the first page. Don't understand everything yet, but oh well...I will learn after reading some stuff I'm sure.

Diameter 12.800 km (5 / 163 fields)
Temperature approx. -4°C to 36°C
Position [XXXXXXX]

I have
Level 1:
Metal Mine
Crys Mine
Deut. Mine

Level 2:
Solar Plant

I think I'm going good so far (seems straight forward for now), but am sure I will need some help later on once I get into defenses, research, and fleet construction.

Thanks,

Ryan
Last edited by Pandoz on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anton
Forum Visitor

Post by Anton »

A little something coming your way IG now Pandoz
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

whew...thanks. Haha, just getting ready to come in here and ask what the hell was going on. I saw friendly but I didnt know if ambush or sabotage or something was in this game :D

Thanks Anton!

Ryan
Anton
Forum Visitor

Post by Anton »

No problem, hope it helps you get your feet off the ground a little quicker
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

bummer, player ranked #90 (Disturbed Atheist) is the planet next to mine :( haha
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

Don't worry, high ranked players like that usually won't go after you unless you leave enough resources on your planet to make it worth their time. 8) Plus, if you have less than 5000 points, higher ranked players can't attack you.
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

Sweet, that's good to know. I just read about that noobie protection 5k points thing in the help section.

Thanks
Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

I'm working towards getting small cargos and colony ships to get some colonies out there and starting to do some raids...will take quite a few days though I think if my calculations are right...oh well, considering this is a text game...it's addicting as hell haha.

Is there an easy (and non-deuterium rich) way of finding some good locations to set up a new colony? I know planets like 4-6 slots are the best for the largest sizes, but I've searched the ones nearest me (only +-2 systems because I dont have much deut.) and only like slots 1-3 and 13-15 are available.

Thanks,

Ryan
Last edited by Pandoz on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

13-15 are best for deuterium production, and 1-3 produce the most energy from solar satellites.
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Ryan, nice to see you getting a hold of things :D

One way to try and plan things out would be to click on "technology" and you will be able to see the requirments of everything in the game. From the ships, defenses, to other researches. Like pun said, the faster you get your espionage, cargos, and colony ships going the better off you are. Being an old uni you should be able to come up pretty fast. Should be allot of inactives to go after. But as you pointed out, the good slots (most of them) will already be gone :D

GL and HF

Pandoz
Forum Bot

Post by Pandoz »

Ok Contro, thanks. I will try and get some of those in my system.

Thanks Crush. I will try and do that. I notice a lot of inactives near me, but they have high ranked alliances or are high ranked themselves, so Im sure their defense would take me out.

Ryan

Return to “OGame Public Chat”