Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta First Details TEST?!

Taking TEAM, to the next level.

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

BobMarley!
Forum Master

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta First Details TEST?!

Post by BobMarley! »

http://community.enemyterritory.com/?q=node/55

"At long last, we are delighted to confirm the impending Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta. The ETQW Closed Beta has been going extremely well and yielding excellent results. We want to give more people the opportunity to give us feedback on the game so we’re going to open a Public Beta with 60,000 slots available. This way we’ll be able to test many more combinations of hardware, RAM, CPU, graphics card, drivers etc. than we’ve been able to ourselves, and also get a better idea of how the game plays for the general gaming public...."
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

for ppl that they chose and fileplanet subscribers but i red that the activation key wasnt free yet
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Thanks for the heads'up! I sure hope all the slots aren't filled when I get off work! when was this originally posted?
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

I posted up today, around noon time. This came out PT, early today. I would suggest if we are to really man and field a team, to pay the few bucks to be on early, and even fix bugs! Why not have the reputation supercede the act?

I highly suggest any members sign up and download. 8)
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

slots are filling up REAL quick 60,000 for everyone on fileplanet
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Been playing it for the past hour or so. Still not too sure what's going on and I get pretty massive fps lag.. I just ran around mowing s**t down with the assault rifle on GDF.. rofl. It was pretty fun though. There seemed to be this pretty bad-ass strogg kit that had a jetpack or something, that I wanted to try out. I'd recommend trying to get one of the beta passes tomorrow (last day :o !!) Anyone else been playing it at all?

For those wondering what it feels like, it's pretty well wolf ET with vehicles, giving it a bit of a bf2 feel as well. So if you haven't played wolf ET... essentially bf2 on speed maybe? :P Tactical, but pretty fast paced... was able to pick up some pretty mad speed and air from bunny hopping for example, lol.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

ive been playing it too. Matt my in game name is Q4RIOTSpinOnThis. Ive use the jetpack and it's sweet :D hope find you in game by the way the beta goes until july 2nd i belive that's when quakewars comes out. :shock:
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I've been mulling over getting a fileplanet subscription for days now for this, but I've opted for getting the full game when it comes out.
mick
Forum Visitor

Post by mick »

I also have been playing it on and off throughout the day, I think eXg. Matt110189 described it pretty well. It has alot of W:ET elements combined with some BF2/142 elements, particularly the vehicles.

You can do some tricks, eg. the ramp jumping from Q4 is prominent. Strafe jumping is ofcourse there, and although it feels a tad clunky it's quite consistent and doesn't feel slow. There's unlimited sprint too :D

If anybody cares, I've been playing under the tag "Speak"

BTW, the jetpack is called the "Icarus" and it's a strogg only vehicle IIRC.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I'm a reg. user, but this is for PAID members only ??

PuN
mick
Forum Visitor

Post by mick »

Not anymore, you can now get a key and client from FP as of yesterday.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Nayok wrote:Not anymore, you can now get a key and client from FP as of yesterday.
Yea, they ran out of yesterdays keys real quick though.

Apparently there's a second batch coming today sometime! :shock: I'd recommend checking up on it every once a while, so that everyone can try to get one!

Return to “Quake Wars ET”