Quake Wars ET, Install problems, Missing PunkBuster file....

Taking TEAM, to the next level.

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Quake Wars ET, Install problems, Missing PunkBuster file....

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Man, what fun.

Am trying to install QuakeWars, and it fails install, because of a missing PunKBuster file ??

Fine, install the game without PB, just can't join any games. Manually attempt to install PB from the QuakeWars DVD, another error. Go to Punkbuster site, download the latest PB, now QuakeWars crashes and won't run.

PuN
Last edited by eXg. Pun1sher on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Re: Wow, 3 errors soo far with Quake Wars

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

Wtf is all that about... sounds like enough to make you scream..

hey did you uninstall the demo first Pun... thats a must!

2nd: Uninstall the exsisting install & get rid of the folder all together in program files..because when you uninstall the demo it asks you if you would like to save your settings & files... THe answer to that question is nO... so you might just need to get rid of everything once you do a clean uninstall of the game period & get rid of the folder in program files afterwards...

THEN FINALLY:

TRY TO DO A FRESH INSTALL :arrow:

HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING GOES OK.... i've got a simliar issue with quake 4 install... nothing i've tried has worked ... i hope you have better luck with quake wars

ya boi
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Just deleted QWars, PB, and the demo, and am going to try again. I went to the forums, and there are other people having the same problem.

PuN
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

let me know how it went...
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Pun r such a noob :)

the punkbuster install creates punk buster services, they need to be enabled to work.

Try searching community et:qw forums there are tons of answers there!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Grrrrrr, now I must slap all of you, and whoever verifed the master DVD before they burned copies. I can't believe this made it past their QC.

There seems to be an issue with some DVD's not being able to find a PB file, even though it's there:

Great, whole install comes to a hault. OK, Go back install again, and choosing NO to PunkBuster. Installs fine, can play locally. OK, get prompted for new patch, and install the patch. Now, as per some posts on the ET forums, explore'd DVD, and tried to install PB manually from "extras" folder, then this error came up:

OK, this is getting fun now. Completely removed QuakeWars Demo, the full install and all PB, and start again. Same as before, install QuakeWars without PB, runs great, download/install the patch, still runs great. NOW, went directly to PunkBuster, http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

and got their PB installer:

FILE LINK >>>>>> http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads ... bsetup.exe

Now it runs. Go figure. I'm hearing more and more issues regarding PunkBuster, and well, some people who predicted it. Not sure, but for over 50 bucks, I should plug it in, install it, and play, just like every other ID game, I've ever installed. Bad DVD pressing ?? Who knows.

PuN
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

: x
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

I'm not having any problems with it. Is it because of the demo :?:
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

are u pulling ur hair out yet.
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

pun doesn't have hair anymore, hehe :lol:

i have no clue, mine installed flawlessly pun
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well because I removed the patch after the first failure, I can't say what it did or did not do. The real b***h here, is regardless of what programs I may or may not have installed, and I'm pretty good at the whole coding/install thing hehe, the included installer and dvd are the problem. Sure, sure there can be pressing errors, and I can't remember the exact "acceptable" percentages before there is a "pull", but, it's hard to accept any errors, when they happen to you.

I guess this post was more for anyone who DID have the problems. Good news is, it's running, and very fast. Great outdoor environments don't even stutter on my system, so, as long as nothing blows up (BF2), no complaints here, hehe, untill I have to reinstall at a later date. :)

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

hehe i downloaded the game installed and got raped by bots on hard mode rofl

Return to “Quake Wars ET”