Want to enter this tournament?

Taking TEAM, to the next level.

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

I saw we just ignore them as they won't be on vent as we should just show up to the match.

That's technically 3pm eastern time isn't it?

So i'll be on vent about 2pm

Anyone who can contact anyone else then kick their asses in gear.

I'm leaving my xfire on all day.
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

eXg. D|stance wrote:I saw we just ignore them as they won't be on vent as we should just show up to the match.

That's technically 3pm eastern time isn't it?

So i'll be on vent about 2pm

Anyone who can contact anyone else then kick their asses in gear.

I'm leaving my xfire on all day.
i dont think so, eastern is 3 hours forward, not back. the match time would be 6 PDT 9 EST i believe

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-us12.html
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

s**t... am sure no one knows what levels to be pracitceing here...

Distance am gonna need a bit of ur guidence tonight...
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

PDT is GMT -8
EST is GMT -5
GMT is 0

GMT now is around 7pm
EST now is around 2pm
PDT now is around 11am

So yeah your right lol

If diggy is about then hopefully he can play aswell. We need Ruiner to pull his thumb out his ass aswell and then we have 6.

Snowy
Me
Pun
Jago
Ruiner
Diggy

I can play any roll, we can talk tactics before the match.

EDIT: I've just been going through the FAQ. It looks like the two players who signed up in our team are actually eligible to play with us. It works on a first come 1st served basis so we need to track these guys down and try to get them on vent. If one drops out then it looks like Jago will play. I don't think there's anything we can do regarding this.
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

We're playing area 22.

4. TOURNAMENT FORMAT

4.1 What are the server settings?
MATCH - Three sets equal a match
SET - Each set consist of two rounds, and will have a default time limit of 20 minutes. Because this is Stopwatch mode, the second set time will be limited to the results made in the first game played.
TIE - A tie will occur when both defenses manage to keep the offense from completing the objectives by the end of each round. This is known as a double full hold.
FACTION - The GDF and the Strogg are the two sides that will be played on a map. Depending on the map, one faction will be assigned to defense, and one side will be assigned to the offense. Each team defends once and each team is on the offensive once.
FULL HOLD - If the defensive team prevents the offensive team from completing the objectives for 20 minutes.
DOUBLE FULL HOLD - If each team plays the offensive side of a set and both teams fail to complete the objective with the 20 minute time limit.

WIN - A set can be won in the following ways:

* Team A wins - Team A sets an offensive time and Team B does not beat the time
* Team B wins - Team A sets an offensive time and Team B beats the set time
* Team B wins - Team A does not accomplish the offensive objectives within the 20 minute time limit (considered a full hold) and Team B sets an offensive time in the following round

OVERTIME: If both teams played two sets that result in Double Full Holds, and overtime phase will occur in the game, and a third set will occur. If both teams have a FULL HOLD the tie-breaking third set, the team that finished with the most objectives in the third set will be the winner of the match. If both teams have a Full Hold in the third set, additional sets will be played until a team wins a time or completes more objectives.

4.2 What should I know about the format?

The format for this tournament will include a point system per set. If your team wins a set your team will receive two points. If both teams full hold a set, each team receives 1 point. The first team to earn three points will be declared the winner of the match.

Game Type: Stopwatch
Match Time: 20 minutes
Friendly Fire: Enabled

Maps: Each round will have a map that will be played, and players will play both factions per match.

* Qualifying round map - Area 22
* Preliminary round map - Salvage
* Quarterfinals round map - Sewer
* Semifinal round map - Volcano
* Final round map - Island
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

eXg. D|stance wrote: Snowy
Me
Pun
Jago
Ruiner
Diggy
did i get dropped?
Last edited by Veloc1ty90 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

eXg. D|stance wrote: EDIT: I've just been going through the FAQ. It looks like the two players who signed up in our team are actually eligible to play with us. It works on a first come 1st served basis so we need to track these guys down and try to get them on vent. If one drops out then it looks like Jago will play. I don't think there's anything we can do regarding this.
Correct, I recived this email from Gamespot when I inquired about it:
What is your username on GameSpot? I do not see this email registered to a username in our database.

Keep in mind that the rules state that the roster slots are a first come first server basis. Your team may move to an empty slot facing no opponent today (which would be a default score and you'd move to the next round) if desired but if these players would like to participate they registered for that slot and they have all rights to it. In some cases teams will contact the players requesting if they could move but if they deny this request then they remain with their registered timeslot.

As mentioned in the rules the only way these players can be removed from your roster is if they do not show 15 mins prior to the scheduled match time. However, this also means that your waitlist players need to both be checked in for roll call so we can switch them out at this time.

Jody Robinson
Community Manager
CNET Networks Entertainment
So we either have two options... we all move to a new timeslot that isn't playing today (although I can't do anything during the day because of school) or we can hope that these guys don't show up/show up and they're amazing.
The Amazing portfolio of Austin Milner - Artstin.com
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. Veloc1ty wrote:
eXg. D|stance wrote: Snowy
Me
Pun
Jago
Ruiner
Diggy
did i get dropped?
same here.
im vouching for myself here by saying I would do very very good in this.
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

One of the unknown gamespot guys PMed me...
sofdh21 wrote:Hi, i was just wondering whos goign to be our leader for this tournament ? and do u know what roles each person is going to play ?
I'm thinking about replying with this...

Hi sofdh21,

I'm part of the clan eXg, and my team and I were really hoping to play together in this tournament. Unfortunately though, since you have joined the roster, we're missing one of our guys from the roster. I kindly ask that you please withdraw from our team and join a new one. :) This would be greatly appreciated! There are still more teams that need players, and it would be a great help if you could join somebody else's. For example, team 21 needs one more person.

Again, I kindly ask that you do this, it would be a big help!

Thanks,

-Snowy

Anybody think it's a bit too "harsh". I don't want to make him feel rejected or anything, but I don't want to just piss him off so that he stays.

edit
Hope it's ok... just sent it to him.
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Sorry Velocity + Phenom. I was in a rush this morning so left you guys off the list!

I'm just getting on vent now so I'll see how it goes. I pmed the nonames today but haven't had a reply since.

Playing in about an hour from now and I have some tactics and Ideas I wanna go through but we'll take it from there on vent
Snowy
Forum Bot

Post by Snowy »

Here's some things to keep in mind:
-When you spawn, always switch to your knife for faster running
-When you're protecting an armed objective (especially if you're strogg on Area22) it's generally a good idea to have 1 or two guys get prone with the hyper blaster
-If you're an engineer/constructor on defense, it's a good idea to play mines where the enemy needs to blow something up/construct something.
-If you need to construct something or blow something up listen for enemy mines. If you hear them, toss a grenade in that direction to blow them up.
-Try and "cook off" your grenades as much as possible. This will give the enemy less time to react if they hear your "grrreeennaaaaaaddee!"
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Objective 1 :

GDF :

distance - cov ops
vel - Medic
snowy - engineer
jago - engineer
pun - engineer
kris - engineer

Strogg :

snowy - technitian
distance - infiltrator
vel - technitian
jago - aggressor
pun - aggressor
kris - aggressor

Objective 2 :

GDF :

snowy - engineer
distance - cov ops
vel - Medic
jago - engineer
pun - engineer
kris - engineer

Strogg :

snowy - technitian
vel - technitian
distance - infiltrator
jago - constructor
pun - constructor
kris - constructor

Objective 3 :

GDF :

snowy - engineer
distance - cov ops
vel - Medic
jago - engineer
pun - engineer
kris - engineer

Strogg :

snowy - technitian
distance - infiltrator
vel - technitian
jago - aggressor
pun - aggressor
kris - aggressor
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

eXg. D|stance wrote:Objective 1 :

GDF :

distance - cov ops
vel - Medic
snowy - engineer
jago - engineer
pun - engineer
kris - engineer

Strogg :

snowy - technitian
distance - infiltrator
vel - technitian
jago - aggressor
pun - aggressor
kris - aggressor

Objective 2 :

GDF :

snowy - engineer
distance - cov ops
vel - Medic
jago - engineer
pun - engineer
kris - engineer

Strogg :

snowy - technitian
vel - technitian
distance - infiltrator
jago - constructor
pun - constructor
kris - constructor

Objective 3 :

GDF :

snowy - engineer
distance - cov ops
vel - Medic
jago - engineer
pun - engineer
kris - engineer

Strogg :

snowy - technitian
distance - infiltrator
vel - technitian
jago - aggressor
pun - aggressor
kris - aggressor
nice work Mike... i love it...
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

Won on default along with half of the other teams.

Playing tomorrow night (tuesday) 6:30 pdt = 9:30 est.

map Salvage.

I'm getting pun to hook up a private et:qw forum section for us to talk tactics etc.

Check the forums tomorrow :)
eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

i have a feeling this time we'll be playing.. You guys wanna meet up & find a sever to where we can get a bit of practice in.??

Return to “Quake Wars ET”