eXg. ET:QW Practice Server?

Taking TEAM, to the next level.

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

CaMeL
Doom 3

eXg. ET:QW Practice Server?

Post by CaMeL »

Ok guys heres the deal. I wanna help you guys out by setting up a possible practice server. The catch: it will have to be off hours i.e 5pm ->5am CST. I need server config files, etc. Anything that would help me set this up. oh, and any security information i need to put into action. I need to run tests first to make sure that it is not gonna overload my network traffic.

Here is my current system:
Dell PowerEdge 1950
2x quad cores xenons
2TB of Storage :)
4GB of ram
Fractured T-1 connection (1.5mbs solid)
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

If you guys are interested let me know. Like i said this has to be tested first, but i am willing to do this only in off hours as stated above.

Exg RULES!

Thanks Guys!
Camel
eXg. D|stance
QuakeWars ET

Post by eXg. D|stance »

It would rule to be able to have a srever. We're talking about it at the moment and those times seem to be good :)

http://community.enemyterritory.com/for ... y.php?f=26

This link is to the server admin forum which should explain everything.

I've not made a config or server yet but will do some reading.

Check this first :

http://community.enemyterritory.com/for ... php?t=8985
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

I will play on it non-stop :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Very generous Camel. Mike will be the authority on the server specs, but your dedicated bandwidth looks more than enough.

PuN
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

ok guys, i have the server up and running. I will get an exg member to post IP address, Server Name, Password, etc in the eXg Clan Chat. I dont want to post it public :) I am still having a little bit of issues with the permissions. I am assuming that my usergroups.dat file is not executing for some reason.

Does anyone know whether the guidstates.dat works in 1.2? Can anyone confirm? Or i Guess i can find out for myself.

Return to “Quake Wars ET”