Hey guys...i need help

Taking TEAM, to the next level.

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Hey guys...i need help

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Hey guys i was woundering if this game is really worth it cuz i have the demo and it only has just the 1 map (valley) and i think its a bit dumb to have only 1 map on a demo ....

But other then that my current video card is unsupported for the game (nVidia GeForce 5700LE) and im only getting 25 frames when i put it on the lowst quality that i can and standing on the wall looking at 1 texture....

when im in battle im getting 4-10...
its rediculously crappy fps... but if u guy's know any sites that have any tweaks for video performance for them like there is for q4, please post them here for me i would like to get this game, to play cuz i love wolfenstien and quake so i think id love this game alot too....

But please help me out with sum video tweaks if u can :?
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

here is my config:

seta g_skipIntro "1" // Skips intro video everytime you load game

seta g_fov "110" // Your Fov

seta com_allowConsole "1" // Simply hit ~ to open the console

net_allowcheats "0" // Prevents cheat commands

g_showhud "1" // Enables HUD

r_visDistmult "1.2" // Distance you can see

g_decals "0" // Disable decale such as bullet holes

g_showPlayerShadow "0" // No shadows from players standing in light

seta com_useFastVidRestart "1" // Allows you window your game by pressing alt enter

ui_showgun "0" // Turns off gun model

i got almost all the information from the community forums and these sites:

http://www.tweakguides.com/ETQW_2.html
http://4newbies.planetwolfenstein.games ... ipting.php

By default the max fps you can pull is I think 30. You can change that setting but that is how the game was released. If you can run q4 it should be OK. There are alot more maps on the real game. I would recomend it.

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Alright thanks man, i really appreciate this help..=P

Ill be buying this game soon, and ill also be getting a new video card im hoping to get a geforce 7200 or a 6200Ultra if i can but im a lil short on cash so my dad might be the 1 buying it and if so then it will be a while b4 i can get my new pc lol...xD
:P :P

and thanks again for the help
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I think the full game is worth it, provided you can hit some FPS that smooth it out. I had it running nice on a single 7800GTX, @ 1280X1024, with a little oc'ing. Valley does get old that's for sure. With the full game, it def. opens up alot of different maps, and overall gameplay. Some are easy, some are not. Once you get some more heat in the vid dept. or even if you are def. going to, then getting a copy would be good. I'd never really liked this particular TYPE of game, ie. BF2, but for some reason, this was has got my interest. It does seem to scale well, ie dropping some res, and features to crank up the frame rates. I think like alot of games, you hear people talking about how great this or that looks, but honestly, when it's GO time, all the eye candy doesn't even get noticed. You are going for your objective, killing, building, hacking, etc. How "great" it looks, hehe, doesn't matter.

PuN
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:I think the full game is worth it, provided you can hit some FPS that smooth it out. I had it running nice on a single 7800GTX, @ 1280X1024, with a little oc'ing. Valley does get old that's for sure. With the full game, it def. opens up alot of different maps, and overall gameplay. Some are easy, some are not. Once you get some more heat in the vid dept. or even if you are def. going to, then getting a copy would be good. I'd never really liked this particular TYPE of game, ie. BF2, but for some reason, this was has got my interest. It does seem to scale well, ie dropping some res, and features to crank up the frame rates. I think like alot of games, you hear people talking about how great this or that looks, but honestly, when it's GO time, all the eye candy doesn't even get noticed. You are going for your objective, killing, building, hacking, etc. How "great" it looks, hehe, doesn't matter.

PuN

Alright kool ima start savin up though cuz i only have a 5700LE video card and a bout 12 bucks lol so ima probually buy the game soon, But just the fact that i cant
eXg. Pun1sher wrote:but honestly, when it's GO time, all the eye candy doesn't even get noticed. You are going for your objective, killing, building, hacking, etc. How "great" it looks, hehe, doesn't matter.
Then whats the point of me playing..thats all my prblem is :? :?
Phobos
Forum Groupie

Post by Phobos »

Well that's true with most games to me, when it comes down to performance.

The game is great, I love it. You just have to enjoy extreme team-based objective-oriented play.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Phobos wrote:Well that's true with most games to me, when it comes down to performance.

The game is great, I love it. You just have to enjoy extreme team-based objective-oriented play.
Thats y i started wolfenstien cuz i thought it would be that but then it turned into a noob fest so i left it then this came out and i was like AWSOME I WANT lol
but downloaded demo and found that my video card iosnt suported by the game at all so i had a 20 fps on the main menu =_= :evil: :evil: :evil:
Phobos
Forum Groupie

Post by Phobos »

haxor wrote:
Phobos wrote:Well that's true with most games to me, when it comes down to performance.

Thats y i started wolfenstien cuz i thought it would be that but then it turned into a noob fest so i left it then this came out and i was like AWSOME I WANT lol
but downloaded demo and found that my video card iosnt suported by the game at all so i had a 20 fps on the main menu =_= :evil: :evil: :evil:
Then I really wouldn't count on anything special from ETQW. Because it's a strategy team-based game, stats actually matter, and if you don't have a decent framerate odds are you won't be able to hit s**t =/

It does run very well on low end systems that support it though (any gf6 or 7 series card, pretty much). I guess you're just one step below that low end, just barely out of luck :cry:

Upgrade?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmm, I haven't played it in just a bit, due to PC repair/rebuild issues, but it ran really good on a 7800 GT. It did seem to scale really well.

PuN
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

Im in the process of getting my pc upgraded sence im lookin to get into quakecon this year. so yea

Return to “Quake Wars ET”