Computer Building Steps (Beginner)

Showoff your 1337 skills
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

oh yeah, and 2 gigs Corsair DDR ram.

and to clarify, If you've seen many bad reviews on a product I've listed let me know, I just wanted to avoid the "if you REALLY wanted to pwn you'd've bout THIS xxxxxx (that costs roughly a bajillion dollars), instead of that cheap..xxxxxx.

:) Don't want to come across as unfriendly.. just avoiding insults on my not being made of money... :twisted:
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I've got 2G of Corsair, XMS DDR and it's damn nice. In my Asus SLI mainboard, I couldnt get the CAS lower than 2.5, I have however bumped up the freq. past 400. Two thumbs up from me, and would be perfect in any system, unless you had the need to waay oc the mem.

PuN
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I don't think I'll need to, but I read a bazillion reviews that all said the best thing about the 4000+ cpu is how oc friendly it is..

a couple even said they oc'ed theirs to the 3 - 3.2 range..
i don't have the cooling for this, but if anything, I'll be a lil more comfortable running it around 2.6 - 2.8 with an upgraded cooling system :D

btw, that list of stuff on the previous page..case, mobo, psu, and display.. all came in today. 8)

....and it's beautiful :wink:
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

still wondering what kinda dope yall selling for such expensive rigs :roll: :P
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

lol I'm just a consumer when it comes to that department :wink:

But I work, usually, about 60 hrs a week. I wait tables at a fine dining restaurant and work at the internet help desk for Centurytel, a telecommunications company. So, I was sitting there, miserably tierd due to the little time off that I DO get is spent playing games instead of sleeping, and I was wondering to myself, ..."There's gotta be a brightside to working myself to death all the time.." ... then I was like, "OH YEAH!!!! I GOT MAD CASH!!LOLZORZ!!1!!!"

that pretty much explains it for me.. :D
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

How important is it that I put the CPU on before putting the motherboard in the case?

I've presently got everything except the cpu, and already have most of it already hooked up. Have I wasted my time hooking it all up? :?: :?:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

f0cus wrote:How important is it that I put the CPU on before putting the motherboard in the case?

I've presently got everything except the cpu, and already have most of it already hooked up. Have I wasted my time hooking it all up? :?: :?:

Well it depends on what motherboard you have, case, heatsink fan etc. But the main reason is to actually Test the main parts of your system and to tweak your bios before putting it in the case. If you put everything in the case and hook everything up and then turn your system on and somthing is not working. That would be a pretty hard time troubleshooting what it is. If you know the Motherboard, CPU, Ram, and PSU are all good, your gonna have a easier time figuring that out. And you dont have to take everything back out of the case.

Not all new components are good, or working.... GL HF :lol:

eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

thank you CrUsH!! this is 10 times faster than if I'd tried to use customer service !! u rok! thanks 4 the luck, I'll keep posting!

.... I'm @ work right now... and guess what I just ordered.. should arrive monday morning...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130282

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

f0cus wrote:thank you CrUsH!! this is 10 times faster than if I'd tried to use customer service !! u rok! thanks 4 the luck, I'll keep posting!

.... I'm @ work right now... and guess what I just ordered.. should arrive monday morning...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130282

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Np man, my obsessive compulsiveness keeps me checking the forums at least 9384764584 times a day. I basically autocamp on the forums. And that vid card is teh hax, that was the same one I am getting! HAX!

Google
Forum N00b

Post by Google »

i am actually going to either update or build a new pc so i will bookmark this page...ty...Pm me if you know ne thing about overclockin a pny 6800 plz ty this is very useful
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Google wrote:i am actually going to either update or build a new pc so i will bookmark this page...ty...Pm me if you know ne thing about overclockin a pny 6800 plz ty this is very useful

Cool man, glad it will help out. Let me know when you are ready to overclock. Is it a vanilla 6800?

Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

wow no doubt the best guide ever.
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

Got a question for anyone.

http://lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/Midd ... 00plus.htm

Look at the dissipating flow.

Ok, we're looking at the far backside. Above the power supply you see a silver panel that circulates air. I have a fan blowing out air on the backside and also a fan blowing out air on the cpu unit. How should these fans be set. Should the cpu fan be blowing in or out. I'd figure since the panel is there, it'd blow out on it and circulate the air over to the ram as well. Let me know, thanks

eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Post by eXg. HollowPo1nt »

got that card focus its very nice xfx 7900gt :wink:

and VERY sharp there shawn :wink:
now if you could do the same with installing a second harddrive :shock:
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

eXg. HollowPo1nt wrote:got that card focus its very nice xfx 7900gt

and i was thinking i was special :( hehe

Return to “PC Building/Mods”