Computer Building Steps (Beginner)

Showoff your 1337 skills
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Ruiner wrote:Got a question for anyone.

http://lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/Midd ... 00plus.htm

Look at the dissipating flow.

Ok, we're looking at the far backside. Above the power supply you see a silver panel that circulates air. I have a fan blowing out air on the backside and also a fan blowing out air on the cpu unit. How should these fans be set. Should the cpu fan be blowing in or out. I'd figure since the panel is there, it'd blow out on it and circulate the air over to the ram as well. Let me know, thanks
Im confused to what your asking but it should be like this
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

I have the one you specify as out, right. The cpu one I have going out as well because I have a silver panel, as shown on that link sticking out over that area. what that does, is circulate the air better, it's ramp shaped like a J. was wondering if it's better suited that way or with the cpu fan blowing in. I suppose i'll have to test the temp rise with a prog
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

I would actually reverse what sab is saying. I would have the one over the cpu blow out and the one on the right blow in.

That way, fresh air blows in over the hot heatsink and then out.

Either way will prob be fine, thats just how I would do it.

The way im talking about would also work much better if the fins on the cpu heatsink were facing horizontal direction rather than how it is (vertical)

Experiment with it and let us know man.

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

cpu: 31c
system: 31/32c
gpu1: 45c

idle
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

Seems all nice and cool to me man. :D

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

better then me
:D
cujo832000
Forum N00b

Post by cujo832000 »

if you are having any heat issues i bough this case a month ago in its fin bad ass dropped my temps like 10 c across the board my full throttle is what my idles used to be
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811129021

it looks good and is quiet i runn all but top fan on med and that on high even my wife said"WOW" thats a nice ass case and all she does is myspace whore lol she couldnt tell amd from intel (oh and yes they have the names written on em)

oh and ambient temperature of between 70-80deg F
25c cpu
22 system
49 gpu 8800 gt kinda runs a bit warmer than old 7900gs
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

cujo832000 wrote:if you are having any heat issues i bough this case a month ago in its fin bad ass dropped my temps like 10 c across the board my full throttle is what my idles used to be

it looks good and is quiet i runn all but top fan on med and that on high even my wife said"WOW" thats a nice ass case and all she does is myspace whore lol she couldnt tell amd from intel (oh and yes they have the names written on em)

25c cpu
22 system
this thread died before you were born :oops:
eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

Hehe dont revive dead forums, they are written in history. Dont mess with history.....
ImageImageImageImage
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Man0waR wrote:Hehe dont revive dead forums, they are written in history. Dont mess with history.....
your history :lol:
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

cujo832000 wrote:if you are having any heat issues i bough this case a month ago in its fin bad ass dropped my temps like 10 c across the board my full throttle is what my idles used to be

25c cpu
22 system
Yeah, that's a pretty awesome case, and those temps are great man! What's your load temp like though? 'cause that's where it really counts. Idle low temps are a sign of a well seated HSF, but when you take two instances of Orthos to it, that's when it really shines. I get similar temps to the ones you're listing, but I'm on all aftermarket cooling except the 8800gt I have, and I have Riva Tuned it to 55% fan speed fixed.

Our very own clan founder, Pun1sher, used that very case in his latest build.

Check it out, you'll be impressed with what he did with it.

http://www.exg-clan.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=5812

:)

Return to “PC Building/Mods”