Early look at new menus in EMZ

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Just to clarify, these screenshots are from the new menu system for the next Doom 3 version of EMZ.

The menu system is now the same at the main menu AND when you're connected to a server; so all these screens - including the server browser as you can see from the second shot - are available in-game.

When you press Esc in game you get taken straight to a page of in-game only options (change team, toggle spectate, etc) but you can use the five buttons at the bottom to bring up any other menu you like.

Sim
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

Post by eXg. FroggY »

...Btw good work EMZ team!I hope to be in the beta tester list! :wink:
BobMarley!
Forum Master

FOR $IM & mIkE

Post by BobMarley! »

Aside from the mumbo jumbo.... :roll:

....I was actually referring to the g_showplayerdshadow command. If you notice when you play SP and enable disable them, it bumps up the FPS a bit. If you play MP you only get shadows ON/OFF. I was under the assumption that if your system is rendering 8 players shadows in Delta Labs, that IS pretty taxing on your hardware, but if instead of disabling ALL shadows, let's say, player shadows (again g_showplayershadow 0) and had your hardware only render the Level and Items you still get the level immersion while getting Shadow "off" type perfomance. If anyone concurs please save me from this sinking ship! LOL :P Cheers EMZ and throw me on that list with Mr. Frogmiester. :twisted:

eXg.Bob!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

^^^ Thread sanitizing by PuN ^^^

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:^^^ Thread sanitizing by PuN ^^^

PuN
OMgoodness!
this is the second sanitization by Pun today. You peoples better watch yourselves!
:shock:
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

PuN

good work :D
eXg. FroggY
Open Roster

Post by eXg. FroggY »

PuN
:mrgreen:
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Ok Bob, you've convinced me. I'll take a look at unlocking the player shadows cvar in MP. But I suspect if you're after good FPS you'll end up using simple lighting, where shadows are a thing of the past anyway ;)
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

:D Sweet dude! I look forward to trying it out! :D
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Thanks very much for dropping us a line Sim, and if there is anything we can do to test, even in Beta, I'd be happy to throw it up on one of the servers, lock it down, and test/feedback for you. :)

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Thanks very much for dropping us a line Sim, and if there is anything we can do to test, even in Beta, I'd be happy to throw it up on one of the servers, lock it down, and test/feedback for you. :)
Thanks Pun. You guys will be on the top of the beta list. I was hoping for end of April for a first test, but that is probably not going to happen now - real life and all!

I may change the development schedule a little and do a first test release without the new configurable HUD. At least this would allow testing of the new menus, weapon config and vote systems.

I'll keep you guys posted here as well as posting news to our site.

Sim

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”