Forthcoming EMZ Release

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

sry but i dont mean to be negative but all i get now is a problem with dynamic library and cant load game :(.

im trying to do a clean install and patch up on a clean d3 ,just gonna take hours to load all maps ect .
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:sry but i dont mean to be negative but all i get now is a problem with dynamic library and cant load game :(.

im trying to do a clean install and patch up on a clean d3 ,just gonna take hours to load all maps ect .
Is this when trying to join an emz server? Have you installed the D3 1.3 patch?
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

only yours and TNs and EXG servers others are ok and yes i have 1.3 patch.
i can play c:team server no problem .
i also have tryed deleting emz folder and then autodownload from servers which still doesnt resolve the problem :(.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:only yours and TNs and EXG servers others are ok and yes i have 1.3 patch.
i can play c:team server no problem .
i also have tryed deleting emz folder and then autodownload from servers which still doesnt resolve the problem :(.
You just get the blue console box with a flashing error message?

Can you email me a console dump pls? Or post it on the emz site?

Sim
Last edited by simulation on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Since I don't actually know where the EMZ forums are, I'll post my only suggestions here.
When trying to join a passworded emz server, I can't enter a password. I don't get to type in the box.
Also, put me down for a "less self-damage with nades" vote.

I'm thinking the password issue could be related to the fact that I have to run a bind to connect to the master server. I can't join thru any other program, such as qtracker, all seeing eye, or xfire either. I have to go to the game, start a server, run the bind, EXIT the server, then go to multiplayer and I'll have a list. Trying to join with any other program gives me "client unknown to auth" or "authorize server, waiting on client.".

The bind itself, if this helps, is
seta net_master0 "192.246.40.244:27650"

I have to use this in Doom3, and one very similar in Quake 4, just a different port.

It's an issue with my isp (comcast blows).

I'm not CERTAIN that it's related, but it could be. Those are my two cents.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Well the mod does say www.the-emz.com in a couple of places, and a google of "emz for doom 3" puts our site in the first page of results.

The password entry thing is a generic bug in D3/Q4 when the engine restarts to load a mod/change the map config for joining a server. I've asked id if they can look into it but they're not going to invest any more time in D3 stuff than they need to.

When this happens if you bring down the console and put it back up you'll be able to type the password.
seta net_master0 "192.246.40.244:27650"
This isn't a bind - a bind is when you assign a key to an action in the game. This is a CVar (console variable) telling the game where the master server is. Normally this is (at least on my install it is)

idnet.ua-corp.com:27650

which is the URL for the IP you quoted. When you start D3 it authorizes you with the master server so that your guid (generated from your CDKey and stored in com_guid) is associated with your IP. If you can't reach the master, thats when you'll get "client unknown to auth" errors, the auth(orizing master server) doesn't hasn't been told your client (PCs) guid when the server you're joining tries to validate it - hence "unknown".

It will also explain the empty in-game server browser as that is server it gets the list of IPs of all currently running servers from.

Check all your DoomConfig.cfg and autoexec.cfg files (both in base and emz) to make sure net_master0 isn't being set to something bad.

If your config files are bad then simply correct them.

If DoomConfig.cfg has it set to "idnet.ua-corp.com:27650" it would sound like your DNS server is bad and can't resolve the name to the IP address, which would explain why it works after you set it to the IP. Try replacing the entry in DoomConfig.cfg with the IP address. Same principle applies to Q4.

Try pinging idnet.ua-corp.com to see if you get a response.

As for the self-grenade damage, there is a "self damage" on/off vote in 1.3 which makes it back the same as base d3.

Sim
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

yes i get a blue box with red flashing cant load dynamic library message (on my decktop screen ) ill try to post a screen shot .
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:yes i get a blue box with red flashing cant load dynamic library message (on my decktop screen ) ill try to post a screen shot .
I'd really need a console dump. Use "conDump nostart" which should create a file called nostart.txt in the emz folder (check base too if its not in the emz folder). Then send me the file. Ta.

Are you running Windows or Linux?

Sim
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

thanks for the tips Sim. =)

The only thing about setting it in the config is that doom3 rewrites it at every restart. So I have to hit the key I bound it to, and I haven't gotten an autoexec.cfg to work correctly yet.

Also, I'd tried that ping before and timed out, so I ran a trace route and I'm timing out somewhere in Dallas. *shrugs

I work on WAN connectivity as a profession, so I thought of most of the stuff, and knew the master servers ip already, but I do very much appreciate the response.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Ok, I love the graphical enhancements, but for some reason when I'm not spectating I can't open the menu with esc. It just beeps at me when I press it. I had to alt-f4 to quit. Is there something I could add in my autoexec.cfg that would manually bind esc to the menu?
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. focus wrote:Ok, I love the graphical enhancements, but for some reason when I'm not spectating I can't open the menu with esc. It just beeps at me when I press it. I had to alt-f4 to quit. Is there something I could add in my autoexec.cfg that would manually bind esc to the menu?
Wow! Way to revive an old thread!

No, sorry. The menu thing is a bug in EMZ 1.31a. I've never been able to get it to happen myself and I think its related to me using the same menu for the mainmenu and ingame.

Next EMZ release will revert to old system where the menus are coded seperately. Won't have in-game server browser any more but I'd rahter lose that feature and let people actually use the menus!!!!

Sim
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

Sim above all make it for yourself. Do what YOU want to see in a mod because it is your time. People don't HAVE to play on your server. Surprisingly though the emz and exg servers are usually the ones with all the traffic. If no one liked the mod this wouldn't be so. I actually like your menus, after spending some time getting used to them, but they could be more simplistic.(which from when we talked in the past seems you are working on). Also my main issue with emz as it stands now was the ingame browser killing the menu. Would drive me crazy. the exit game and other small menu bugs ie downloads passwords have driven me mad.

also whats the deal with your forums?
Sorry, the boards are offline at the moment

Forums are offline for maintenance. Come back soon :)
Hey sim like my wallpaper i made?
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Hi Sab

Yes, as we've talked about before, the menus are being rearranged to revert to the same navigation as original d3 (content is still going to be different, as there are more options) but this will help people find stuff easier.

One thing I'm not sure what you mean is "downloads passwords" ?

Nice wallpaper btw ;) I'll have to show Sup@Fly - may inspire him to finish my new artwork ;)

Oh yeah, the forums. I was in the middle of porting them to phpBB and left it all switched off. Must sort that out!
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

simulation wrote:Hi Sab

I mean the bug when your downloading content from a server, and it says yes no still. the one where you cant type a password too.
Sometimes It will lock up where i can not open any menus as well and I have to exit with Alt-f4
Just frustrating menu bugs
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. sabooya wrote:
simulation wrote:Hi Sab

I mean the bug when your downloading content from a server, and it says yes no still. the one where you cant type a password too.
Sometimes It will lock up where i can not open any menus as well and I have to exit with Alt-f4
Just frustrating menu bugs
Ah! Yes/No I've fixed already. Once the download is started it should change to a single "Cancel" button, but the change doesn't happen. So if you click Yes again its like pressing Cancel.

Password entry I don't think I can do anything about. Thats a bug in D3 itself (was also in Q4 but they love Q4 more than D3 and it got fixed in that). Workaround is top open/close the console - you can then type into the password box.

And the menu not opening thing should be sorted by separating the menus again.

Sim

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”