Forthcoming EMZ Release

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Sim, let me know if you run into any phpBB migration issues. I've been doing a close read on some of these posts, and haven't spent near as much time on 1.31a as 1.3, but I can attest to the non-working "escape" key. Also, and I'm sure I've missed it, but is there an easy way, to reposition the text/chat messages ?? I have a fairly stock load, and when spec'ing the text up top, overwrites other existing text, making it hard to read. My only option is to hit T, and leave it up on screen.

PuN
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

making text yellow would highly increase visibility and clarity on dark doom maps.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Sim, let me know if you run into any phpBB migration issues. I've been doing a close read on some of these posts, and haven't spent near as much time on 1.31a as 1.3, but I can attest to the non-working "escape" key. Also, and I'm sure I've missed it, but is there an easy way, to reposition the text/chat messages ?? I have a fairly stock load, and when spec'ing the text up top, overwrites other existing text, making it hard to read. My only option is to hit T, and leave it up on screen.

PuN
Thanks Pun. I've pretty much migrated the forums in a test mode. I just need to find a reasonable skin for the site. I did find one, but it seems to load really slow so I need to have a play to see if its the host or the theme.

The chat position on the hud can be altered on the in-game hud menu page [Esc/HUD - when the menus work ;).] If you have no menus you can...

seta emz_cl_hud_chat_x "10"
seta emz_cl_hud_chat_y "200"

(or whatever you prefer). Coordinates are x: 0-639, y: 0: 479

Just out of interest, how do you launch D3 and join your server? Do you use xfire, maxbrowse, d3 browser, emz browser, shortcut with +connect?
And if you use a shotcut does it have +set fs_game emz? I've never been able to reproduce the menu problem here and would like to see if there is a common way that people who suffer launch the game. Does it always happen or is it just occasional?
eXg. sabooya wrote:making text yellow would highly increase visibility and clarity on dark doom maps.
rgr that. if I forget to add a chat text color option in the next betas, let me know!
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

hey sim I"M sure you have prolly answered this before for me but is there a way to enable air control in Doom 3. Basically making the movment similar to CPMA or painkiller. I know there is a little but would that be possible or too many vaiables to change. :)

?? thanks. man.

p1ng
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

o looks like there are a few people trying this. Basically I was looking for a way to toggle from Regular EMZ to CPMA EMZ movement... I found this...

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=114835&

and it looks like there are a few things people are messing with. :) I will mess around myself.

:)

p1ng
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

I'd have to do a load of research into this before even commenting tbh. I'm not a gamer, I'm a coder who enjoyed D3, so I don't really know what "air control" means tbh - other than the vague sense that it allows you to change direction while off the ground.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

I will post up a video of what quake 3 or painkiller movment looks like. as far as teh speed.

to get an idea of what Air control means. you hit the nail on the head. ITs basically a way that you can control your player while he is going fast directionally in the air just as you put it. So I am running really fast for example on a map. Normally you would have to land, turn the mouse in the direction you would like to go and then continue your strafe jumping.

What air control would do is essentially do 1 of two things.

1. Painkiller type air control means that I would be able to hold forward while maintaining or picking up speed and jumping. Then when I would want to turn and jump. I would only use the mouse and turn in the direction I would want to go,,, the player wouldn't loose any speed. they would just turn and run in that direction.

2. CPMA movment is more strafe based. I would strafe like you normally do in doom 3, to gain speed. Then while you are as fast as you can go you can turn the mouse and strafe with the side arrow keys or "a" and "d" for right handed players to turn the player in the direction you would like to go.

but you have it. Controlling the players direction while they are moving at fastest speed while they are in the air.

Painkiller is cool cause you can essentially do a 180 and not loose any speed. I just turn around in the air and bam I am going the other way just as fast as I was going forward.

CPMA is a little different. You have to take a more rounded approach to moving. thats more of a FIND A PATTERN TO RUN AROUND THE MAP FAST and STICK TO IT> type of running around. You really can't do the 180 type turn around.

I will post a few video links.

p1ng
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

i would HATE to see CPMA movement in doom 3. 1 reason Doom 3 maps are to small. Doom 3 physics are just sad. doom 3 is just sad and so quake 4. it kinda a waste of time to even DO CPMA on doom 3 it's dead and so is q4 so why even bother? Just play warsow or q3a CPMA if you want that movement.O_o
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. suki wrote:i would HATE to see CPMA movement in doom 3. 1 reason Doom 3 maps are to small. Doom 3 physics are just sad. doom 3 is just sad and so quake 4. it kinda a waste of time to even DO CPMA on doom 3 it's dead and so is q4 so why even bother? Just play warsow or q3a CPMA if you want that movement.O_o
Don't worry. I won't be putting it in. This wasn't what EMZ was about really; EMZ was only ever about setup and options, not gameplay.

@Frag: don't worry about videos. I'm sure I could find them if needed, and I'd have to play it to see what it felt like.

Sim
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

simulation wrote: Just out of interest, how do you launch D3 and join your server? Do you use xfire, maxbrowse, d3 browser, emz browser, shortcut with +connect?
And if you use a shotcut does it have +set fs_game emz? I've never been able to reproduce the menu problem here and would like to see if there is a common way that people who suffer launch the game. Does it always happen or is it just occasional?

"C:\Program Files\Copy of Doom 3\DOOM3.exe" +exec autoconfig.cfg

That's how I normally start it. I'll do some tests and see how often it happens, also if it happens when starting using other commands.

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:
simulation wrote: Just out of interest, how do you launch D3 and join your server? Do you use xfire, maxbrowse, d3 browser, emz browser, shortcut with +connect?

"C:\Program Files\Copy of Doom 3\DOOM3.exe" +exec autoconfig.cfg

That's how I normally start it. I'll do some tests and see how often it happens, also if it happens when starting using other commands.

PuN
lol @ "copy of doom 3" ;)

Do you always get the menu problems, or just from time to time?
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

here you go Sim I was wondering if this would be able to be a functional fix and could be done for doom 3. in the next EMZ release. or over all release period for this game.

Is there a way to actually adjust the crosshair to be center where it is suppose to be. Basically this game was produced and every time you shoot it is off center either a little down and to the Right I believe. Is there a way to fix that so that when you aim with the exact center of the cross hair you are able to hit what you point it at. ?

P1ng
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:here you go Sim I was wondering if this would be able to be a functional fix and could be done for doom 3. in the next EMZ release. or over all release period for this game.

Is there a way to actually adjust the crosshair to be center where it is suppose to be. Basically this game was produced and every time you shoot it is off center either a little down and to the Right I believe. Is there a way to fix that so that when you aim with the exact center of the cross hair you are able to hit what you point it at. ?

P1ng
Just did some looking at this in game. Pistol and Machine seem to be ok, chaingun, plasmagun and rocket launcher are slightly down to the right as you say. I shall investigage ;)
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

simulation wrote:Just did some looking at this in game. Pistol and Machine seem to be ok, chaingun, plasmagun and rocket launcher are slightly down to the right as you say. I shall investigage ;)
Ok, I took a look. The weapons that are "wrong" are all those which launch their projectiles from the barrel of the weapon, the other use the player's view as the launch point.

With the "wrong" ones the closer the impact point is, the further out the crosshair appears (fire a plasma standing right next to a wall and compare to firing across a large open area.)

A simple fix to this is to have all weapons launch from the center of the view, but that looks a little strange.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Is anyone else having the trouble with the menu not coming up when pressing esc? I got one good game in the other day, but I switched back to my crt for awhile and wanted to change res, fov, and sens. Couldn't get in, had to type quit into console just to exit the game. :(

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”