Forthcoming EMZ Release

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. focus wrote:Is anyone else having the trouble with the menu not coming up when pressing esc? I got one good game in the other day, but I switched back to my crt for awhile and wanted to change res, fov, and sens. Couldn't get in, had to type quit into console just to exit the game. :(
LOL. Have you actually READ this thread?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

LOL, me too f0cus. I think he's trying to lock down the way the game is started, to see if it's a factor. What shortcut are you using to start the game ?

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:LOL, me too f0cus. I think he's trying to lock down the way the game is started, to see if it's a factor. What shortcut are you using to start the game ?

PuN
Exactly. I think the problem is worse if you don't start D3 with +set fs_game emz and then spend time in the menus.

Next version should sort all this out anyway.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

hmmm makes me think. However I know that most of the really good players play with gun model off so then I guess it wouldn't matter. as long as the bullets hit what you aim at far a way. interesting tho. I didn't know about the plasma.

:)
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

I uploaded a new movie of today's work on impact effects for hitscan weapons. Check the blog...

http://www.the-emz.com/blog/

Sim
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

simulation wrote:I uploaded a new movie of today's work on impact effects for hitscan weapons. Check the blog...

Sim
looks very very nice!
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

simulation wrote:
simulation wrote:Just did some looking at this in game. Pistol and Machine seem to be ok, chaingun, plasmagun and rocket launcher are slightly down to the right as you say. I shall investigage ;)
Ok, I took a look. The weapons that are "wrong" are all those which launch their projectiles from the barrel of the weapon, the other use the player's view as the launch point.

With the "wrong" ones the closer the impact point is, the further out the crosshair appears (fire a plasma standing right next to a wall and compare to firing across a large open area.)

A simple fix to this is to have all weapons launch from the center of the view, but that looks a little strange.
Is there a way to change the coordinates of the cross hair per weapon?

the effects in your blog are cool, anyway to add variation? Some of the sparks seemed abit repetitive, like shotgone ex.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. sabooya wrote:
Is there a way to change the coordinates of the cross hair per weapon?

the effects in your blog are cool, anyway to add variation? Some of the sparks seemed abit repetitive, like shotgone ex.
Yes, offsetting the crosshairs is one thing I have considered. That may help.

And as for the effects, they're not final yet so there may well be some variation.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:hey sim I"M sure you have prolly answered this before for me but is there a way to enable air control in Doom 3. Basically making the movment similar to CPMA or painkiller. I know there is a little but would that be possible or too many vaiables to change. :)

?? thanks. man.

p1ng
You should talk to mr.psychology about this. his doom3 supremacy mod has very nice movement, kinda a cross between doom 3 and q4 movement, all viewbob removed, and acceleration is smoother and faster.
Also, for those that had asked, he made a railgun out of the shotgun, too, but with no beam obviously.
Just running this by you since sim said that those kind of changes are not what EMZ is about.
A cross between the EMZ guid, ambient lighting, and overall customization, combined with supremacies physics and weapon modding would make quite the Doom3 competitive platform.
mr.psychology is in my x-fire list. there's an EMS server in N.A. somewhere, as I had decent ping, that has his mod running and it's a tiny download, too.(If I remember correctly, could be huge tho lol)
Anyway, in it's current state it's definitely aimed at the casual "for fun" gamer, but with just a tiny bit of tweaking it'd be one heck of a game.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. focus wrote:
You should talk to mr.psychology about this. his doom3 supremacy mod has very nice movement, kinda a cross between doom 3 and q4 movement, all viewbob removed, and acceleration is smoother and faster.
Also, for those that had asked, he made a railgun out of the shotgun, too, but with no beam obviously.
Just running this by you since sim said that those kind of changes are not what EMZ is about.
A cross between the EMZ guid, ambient lighting, and overall customization, combined with supremacies physics and weapon modding would make quite the Doom3 competitive platform.
mr.psychology is in my x-fire list. there's an EMS server in N.A. somewhere, as I had decent ping, that has his mod running and it's a tiny download, too.(If I remember correctly, could be huge tho lol)
Anyway, in it's current state it's definitely aimed at the casual "for fun" gamer, but with just a tiny bit of tweaking it'd be one heck of a game.
I do have a bunch of railgun stuff sitting in a folder somewehre, including beams and models. I should get round to looking at that all one day.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

simulation wrote:
eXg. focus wrote:
I do have a bunch of railgun stuff sitting in a folder somewehre, including beams and models. I should get round to looking at that all one day.
It's surprisingly not that hard, I made a railgun once with particle effect and everything. Was kind of glitchy but the basic idea worked, i wanted to make my own custom model and everything. I have no idea what happened to it.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Bump for update to blog...

eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

looks awesome, be cool to have mini hell knights and imps for models lol
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. sabooya wrote:looks awesome, be cool to have mini hell knights and imps for models lol
I just added an "imp" screenshot ;) The mosters are harder to do because their animation skeletons are quite different to that of the main marine so remapping them is tricky. Gets even harder when they are larger too (hellknight/cyberdemon).

This is all done with code at the moment to manipulate the model files. To do it "properly' would require someone with acutal 3D modelling skills who could take any mesh from the game and manually rig it to the standard MP skelton structure - all beyond my feeble skills.

Sim
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

lmfao at the imp!

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”