Tested Doom3 1.31, and EMZ 1.31a

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Tested Doom3 1.31, and EMZ 1.31a

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I copy/pasted my original Doom3 install, so I could have another one, which I applied the Doom3 1.31 patch to, then purged my EMZ folder, in that copied install, and did a fresh EMZ 1.31a I think. I did it this way, to have an EXTRA Doom3 install, so no matter what, I could choose which Doom3 I wanted to use. I didn't see many US servers, but quite a few EU/UK ones. It did seem to play alot smoother, than the existing Doom3 that most everyone is running. I didn't see hardly anyone playing, so I'm going to chat with Sim about that, because if enough people aren't on board, then we may wait a bit. Seems to be a ton of options now, which also seemed to be quite good, at the default settings. Had to do the normal, set sens. back to where I wanted them, and may spend some time playing around with all the options.

So far, looks pretty good. How many have duplicated there Doom3 installs, and have more than one version, and/or how many have upgraded there Doom3 to 1.31 ??

PuN
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

I was wondering if we could go ahead and upgrade to the new patch...on account once people see our servers off 1.3 regular..they will go download 1.31 and essentially many other servers will follow along as well.
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Hmmm EMZ does nice work... :D
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well, what is probably going to happen, is my PM's will go through the roof, with people having problems. Now obviously we can all handle it, but I know a few will have problems, due to not reading the boards, not understanding, etc.

First off, your Doom3 install either needs copied (smart way, so you can have TWO version at the same time and choose which to play, just in case), or your Doom3 needs to be patched, that will get you up to the newest patch, and prevent "server is using XXXXX protical" errors. Then the second issue, is that those who DO copy/mirror their D3 installs (to have two seperate copies, one 1.30, and one 1.31, in seperate folders), will have to remember to PURGE out the EMZ contents, so that when they autoDL the NEW EMZ, you are left with ONLY the NEW EMZ files. Again, this isn't rocket science, but, because of the NON backward compat, with the D3 patch, and EMZ needing ONLY the NEW EMZ files in your folder, it may cause a few headaches.

I think the server I was on (UK/EU), I had over 120 ping, played a match, and it honestly did feel surpisingly good. Actually a little scary for me anyway, having that ping, as it just played very good. I will post up some file links in the Clan Area, and maybe get this started. Maybe roll one server, and see how it goes, before comitting both.

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

i was thinkin 1 1.3.1 and 1 1.3 bit of both :p
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I'm running a double directory right now. Even though there's only one US server that I saw on 1.3.1, I'm still playing it more than 1.3 and I like it a lot better.

To be honest here, if our servers were updated to 1.3.1 with the new emz, I'm almost positive most will follow as well. As far as I can tell there's no reason not to update except that there aren't as many US players. For there to be more we need some people to step up and start playing it though, which is why I'm probably going to be completely getting rid of my 1.3 directory as I doubt I'll be playing it anymore anyway.
eXg. apo
Open Roster

Post by eXg. apo »

I have NO intention of going back from 1.3.1 when the new patch plays so much smother and seems faster

i think if exg upgrades everyone will follow

it is your destiny pun :twisted:
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

what apo said...it's your destiny
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Clan members, please read my follow up in the Clan Area. Thanks.

PuN
µGuru™
Forum N00b

Post by µGuru™ »

I didn't see hardly anyone playing, so I'm going to chat with Sim about that
We just have to wait for all the 1.3 users to come to 1.3.1! :shock:
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I have 3 doom installs(heheheh) so if anyone needs any help send me a pm. I definitely support the upgrade to the new patch. The content in the new emz along with some problems addressed in the doom patch definitely make it worth it. Besides loads of work was put into both and it seems they are being a tad shunned by the community.
Doom3 Mr.T

Post by 72826 »

Ive completly installed 1.31 and dont have 1.3 anymore... I think like 5 times i went on doom, there was absolutly noone playing. I guess thats the downside of 1.31 and the fact there is only like 3 us servers. But im all up for it if eXg wants to upgrade :D :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
There's nothing like the sound of a mandolin as it breaks across another man's face.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I'd totally dig it. I loved it when I was playing 1.3.1, but it's just the lack of support that brought me back to 1.3.

there should be an update for it from main menu, like with quake for point releases. (and most any other game for that matter)

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”