Possible new EMZ Feature...

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Possible new EMZ Feature...

Post by simulation »

Ok, here's an idea.

On each server a list of players is kept. I'm thinking of adding and Admin feature where a player can be given a fixed nickname which they will always use when connected to that server, even if they set ui_name to something else.

Just an idea. Any comments?
Sim
eXg. Meckta

Post by eXg. Meckta »

best thing for doom3 would be the quake4 tourney system.

anyways i think thats ok, but not so good if u wanna practise with no1 really knowing
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Odd that you should mention the Tourney thing. Henry Sellers and Giganoto had implemented that in their now abandoned mod.

Henry said I could use that for EMZ but I'm not so sure. IIRC AnthonyJ in the Q4MAX team doesn't have much good to say about the multi-arena Tourney thing because of performance issues, and he is a coder whose opinion I hugely respect.

Sim
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea Sim. What were your thoughts on that? No more alliases ??

That could be a good one.

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Hmmm, that's an interesting idea Sim. What were your thoughts on that? No more alliases ??
Yes, it is an anti-aliasing idea. I did have a related idea way back when - I was going to add a way of players pulling a list of the aliases for an in-game player back from the server, but people talked me out of it. That would be really simple now because most of that code already exists for the admin screens.

Sim

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”