Sim, Where Are You?!

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

Contro
Forum Master

Sim, Where Are You?!

Post by Contro »

I've got a sweet idea to bring more life to D3. Please respond before I forget what it is and lose the paper I wrote it down on!
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Re: Sim, Where Are You?!

Post by eXg. focus »

Contro wrote:I've got a sweet idea to bring more life to D3. Please respond before I forget what it is and lose the paper I wrote it down on!
maybe you could check out emz.com?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

I believe he said after he finished the 1.31 emz patch he wasn't doing anymore modding. :?
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

Has he finished 1.31 yet? This idea is pretty cool, but I don't want to let everyone know before I talk it over with Sim, make sure I'm not making a fool of myself.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Contro wrote:Has he finished 1.31 yet? This idea is pretty cool, but I don't want to let everyone know before I talk it over with Sim, make sure I'm not making a fool of myself.
I'm here. wtf have you been? 1.31 has been finished for a couple of months. I'm doing some slow work on a new release, no timescales, no promises - PM me if you have any ideas to discuss.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

simulation wrote:
Contro wrote:Has he finished 1.31 yet? This idea is pretty cool, but I don't want to let everyone know before I talk it over with Sim, make sure I'm not making a fool of myself.
I'm here. wtf have you been? 1.31 has been finished for a couple of months. I'm doing some slow work on a new release, no timescales, no promises - PM me if you have any ideas to discuss.
he doesn't even play d3 1.3.1
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

simulation wrote:
Ok, PM will be sent eventually... can't right now.
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

Oh well, I forgot to send... so here it goes:

I was thinking... because it was one of the most popular mods in q3 and q4, and because q4 and d3 have similar codes, freezetag would be a good addition to Doom 3. We already have the Golden Shot mode for instagib; all you would need to do is turn down the spread on the pistol (if there is a spread) to 0. For both regular and instagib, however, there would be a need for the frozen skins for both the guns and players, as well as a mechanism to keep a player frozen instead of dying when they are killed. Again, since q4 and d3 are similar, I figured this wouldn't be too hard for someone like you to figure out. Sound like a good idea?
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

LOL sab.... Freezetag with rockets! that could get interesting.....
ImageImageImageImage
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

If it's not in EMZ, nobody will play it... please refrain from sarcasm until I hear from Sim.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

eXg. Man0waR wrote:LOL sab.... Freezetag with rockets! that could get interesting.....
Totally. And increase the splash damage so NO ONE moves! YIPEE!!! :lol:
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

M|keTmnT asked for freezetag way back in the 1.0 days (as well as about a gazillion other things). I guess I could consider it but like I've said, the next release is going to be slow in coming.

I'm not too inspired right now; with so few servers having upgraded to 1.31a it is hard to sit there coding for months on end to create something nobody is interested in.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Simon, hehe, not being a "mod" guy, I can still very much appreciate what, and where you're coming from on that. Maybe I should push my n000bs over the 1.31 fence. I had been all setup to get it done, did full write ups, then had to pull back at last moment.

1.31 IS > 1.3

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Simon, hehe, not being a "mod" guy, I can still very much appreciate what, and where you're coming from on that. Maybe I should push my n000bs over the 1.31 fence. I had been all setup to get it done, did full write ups, then had to pull back at last moment.

1.31 IS > 1.3

PuN
Well if you do it would be very much appreciated. It would also give you some room away from the "undesirable players" of other clans for a while ;)

i checked last night using AnthonyJ's great MAXBrowse server browser and there were 30 EMZ servers in total! Wow! Only 10 or so at 1.31a though :(

And while we have a "live" D3 thread I'll put this question out there for the masses...

In-game in D3 you still get to see the game render behind the menus. In Q4 they made the menus opaque, probably for FPS reasons. Would anyone have any serious problems with me doing the same in EMZ? This isn't really menu FPS related but for other reasons of menu relaibility and simplicity of coding.

What I don't want to do is implement the change only for everyone to say "omfg th1s is teh suxorz" (etc, etc) 'cos they don't like it.

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”