Things you dont like about EMZ

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Also, I'm probably going to ditch "stealth, glow, metal and atom" skins; just have standard and bright (both with "pro option").

Sim
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Well thats good sim, if you do that, bright and normal are all ppl use.
But does it matter if it stays?

If i makes the size of exg smaller then its ok. But you already did the coding for the skins and stuff, so its in. So why remove then?

Both is fine tho :)

Peace!

Question, now you mentiond the your redoing the menu and stuff...Like graphical way also? then is is possible to the menu with a more higher reselution? and the typing bit smaller?

the big boxes and the big fonts in the menu make the overwiew harder i think. I know my way in emz. But for others maybe not :)
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Johnny wrote:If i makes the size of exg smaller then its ok. But you already did the coding for the skins and stuff, so its in. So why remove then?
It won't make exg smaller - although it may make EMZ smaller ;) Seriously though, I'm changing the way I handle addon player models and skins so I want to simplify things.

The new EMZ PK4s will completely replace the old ones and I'm aiming for less than 20MB for it all compared to the current 85MB.
eXg. Johnny wrote: Question, now you mentiond the your redoing the menu and stuff...Like graphical way also? then is is possible to the menu with a more higher reselution? and the typing bit smaller?

the big boxes and the big fonts in the menu make the overwiew harder i think. I know my way in emz. But for others maybe not :)
As for the menus, higher resolution isn't very simple. The D3 GUI system works on a 640x480 grid so everything is designed around that scale. And with many players using 640x480 for MP I have to use that as the base.

As for fonts, I will probably switch back to the stock D3 fonts (again for PK4 size and simplicity).

Menu layout is something I'm looking at. Mainmenu and Ingame will be different things again instead of combining into one. Hopefull this helps with the "no menu" problem that people get.

For the Ingame menu I'm going to revert to having the old style menu options across the top of the screen with Main/Vote/Player/Controls/Options/System/Exit.

I've had some tips from Sup@nooba on the GUI so I'm going to get him to check on it for clarity.

I'll be running a closed first beta stage eventually on the EMZ server. I'll post on the main clan forums for signups nearer the time.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Sim, I'm glad YOU'RE coding this, and not me. :)

I can't wait to see it, and if you have any pre release info, screenshots, I'll be more than happy to do a full write up on it for you, including direct links to your blog, tutorials, etc.

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Sim, I'm glad YOU'RE coding this, and not me. :)

I can't wait to see it, and if you have any pre release info, screenshots, I'll be more than happy to do a full write up on it for you, including direct links to your blog, tutorials, etc.

PuN
Sometimes I wish it WAS someone else!

Only source right now is the blog. I've been too busy with work for a good few weeks to do anything much. I'd like to get the first beta under way before I go on vacation in August.

Visiting the US for the first time since '98. Orlando and the Gulf Coast with the family :)

If I was on my own I would have gone to Quakecon too ;)
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

simulation wrote:
eXg. Ident[i]ty wrote:No bob plz.
May add a vote for this. Maybe.
Done for next release :)
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Sim was a iment by coding was to make it feel faster like cpma.

for admins. i ment more hands on because alot of guys still don't get it or understan the emzban and cmd's.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
uknonw
Forum Visitor

Post by uknonw »

wut its easy, emzban "clientid"
lol gg.
unban is emzbanlist
emzunban "number in emzbanlist"
lol gg.
The weapon of the suit is unknown.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

uknonw wrote:wut its easy, emzban "clientid"
lol gg.
unban is emzbanlist
lol gg.
Your missing the point. K? I ment more tips for rcon newbies. K not everyone knows the cmd's k?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Ident[i]ty wrote:Sim was a iment by coding was to make it feel faster like cpma.
I see. Probably not. I probably wont make this kind of change; it has been asked before and it is not what EMZ is about.
eXg. Ident[i]ty wrote:for admins. i ment more hands on because alot of guys still don't get it or understan the emzban and cmd's.
You can do all player management through the existing admin screen already; bans, mutes, clan membership.

For next release, however, I do want to have ALL server features available on the admin section.

Check http://www.the-emz.com/d3emz131/ and scroll down to the "Server Information" section.
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

simulation wrote:
eXg. Ident[i]ty wrote:Sim was a iment by coding was to make it feel faster like cpma.
I see. Probably not. I probably wont make this kind of change; it has been asked before and it is not what EMZ is about.
eXg. Ident[i]ty wrote:for admins. i ment more hands on because alot of guys still don't get it or understan the emzban and cmd's.
You can do all player management through the existing admin screen already; bans, mutes, clan membership.

For next release, however, I do want to have ALL server features available on the admin section.

Check http://www.the-emz.com/d3emz131/ and scroll down to the "Server Information" section.
Thank you.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
uknonw
Forum Visitor

Post by uknonw »

eXg. Ident[i]ty wrote:
uknonw wrote:wut its easy, emzban "clientid"
lol gg.
unban is emzbanlist
lol gg.
newbies. K not everyone knows the cmd's k?
no i cant get a leeting clue, do you want to buy me clue engine 7.5? im still using 1.0 so sucks to be me.
The weapon of the suit is unknown.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Re: Things you dont like about EMZ

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

eXg. sabooya wrote:What are some things you don't like about EMZ or wish could be changed? Alternate ideas would be cool, and any suggestions are welcome!
Hmmm, this is probably a little late, but, umm, maybe we could take out the "M" in the name, and, errrrr, change it to a, ummmm, "X". Then make the "Z" a "G".

:roll:

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Things you dont like about EMZ

Post by simulation »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:
eXg. sabooya wrote:What are some things you don't like about EMZ or wish could be changed? Alternate ideas would be cool, and any suggestions are welcome!
Hmmm, this is probably a little late, but, umm, maybe we could take out the "M" in the name, and, errrrr, change it to a, ummmm, "X". Then make the "Z" a "G".

:roll:

PuN
Lol - Or I could just swap the M for a W :)
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

any chance you can revert back to the original d3 server search :)
Is what made online gaming so approchable for me .
you can see all the servers and who is playing without waiting for names to scroll up.

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”