EMZ ISSUES: to much smooth mouse

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore

EMZ ISSUES: to much smooth mouse

Post by eXg. Jago-Vs-Fulgore »

Ok this is my issues.. when i load Emz and enter the exg sever everything is fine and works as it should: only issue am having is this that the movment of the game feels like smooth mouse is enable... feels like its enable to MAX on the other hand.. i check the setting & its lowerd as far as it can but still when i move & look to shot feels like GLIDEING>...the whole experience of looking and shooting is followed with the weird Gliding am not use to.

CHECK THIS OUT
if i go to a doom3 sever & not Emz i dont get that. I can move and do a 360 turn and its fast and tight with no glideing.. no smooth mouse feeling or nothing.. EX: you know those good 9-9 matches & u want the win. Control so tight you can see shaking in ur movement because ur hands are shaking of nervous. Thats the controls i remember & was use to using:

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS TYPE OF ISSUE WITH this GLIDEING FEELING in your movement and Quick pointing to shoot in DOOM Emz that dosent seem to go away??????

FEELS LIKE SMOOTH MOUSE IS MAXED OUT WHEN ITS not even enable:

thanks
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

yeah I know what you are saying man. I always wondered what that was... it happend in quake 4 as well when quake 4 max came out. Not that it wasn't as responsive. but seemed like. not as Crisp... something on top of something causeing it to feel delayed in a way. dunno. tbh. I have tried the mouse fix on and off. doesn't seem to do much for me really. as most games, and mouse drivers let you change that within those properties anyway.

Currently I am useing a different setup for quake 4 so I don't know really how to tell you to fix it... the thing is with certain games... Your mouse accel or sens, can actually f**k up your strafe speed in certain games. I"M not sure exactly how it is in doom, I know it has a tiny effect in q4 but not as much as painkiller for example. Like if you couldn't make crisp turns you would actually loose speed. same in doom.. so dunno...

I wonder how much of that is actual game mod, and how much is the part of playing online, and the EMZ mod helping to reduce lag, etc... ussually with things like that the idea is to make the game run smoother, sometimes with smooth you get delay. dunno...

is it the same when you fire up a lan. ??
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Which CVar are you using to set mouse sensitivity in EMZ?

The engine only has "sensitivity" so to enable per-weapon sens settings in EMZ 1.31a I added a whole new set of CVars (one per weapon) plus a new "master" CVar for when you want the same setting to apply to all weapons :

So, the "normal" sens CVar is...

emz_cl_sensitivity

(above used when emz_ui_use_weapon_specific_settings=0)

...and is the one used when you have the "same for all weapons" setting on , and the individual CVars are...

emz_cl_sensitivity_pistol
emz_cl_sensitivity_shotgun
emz_cl_sensitivity_machinegun
emz_cl_sensitivity_chaingun
emz_cl_sensitivity_grenades
emz_cl_sensitivity_plasmagun
emz_cl_sensitivity_rocketlauncher
emz_cl_sensitivity_bfg
emz_cl_sensitivity_shotgun_double
emz_cl_sensitivity_fists
emz_cl_sensitivity_chainsaw
emz_cl_sensitivity_grabber
emz_cl_sensitivity_flashlight

(above used when emz_ui_use_weapon_specific_settings=1)

So, if you try and manually set "sensitivity" it will get reset to either emz_cl_sensitivity or the weapon-specific one.

The actual m_smooth CVar should be unaffected by EMZ. Its range in EMZ is between 1 and 8, the same as standard D3.

Edit: can you manually check the m_smooth value (using console) in both standard D3 and EMZ to make sure they're the same; could be a problem with the menus setting it wrong in EMZ - wouldn't be the first time I had a menu bug ;)

Sim
Last edited by simulation on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Thanks alot for the added info Sim. :) Can't beat getting tips from the guy who wrote it. :) :)

PuN
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

I think your virtual sinc may be on on graphics options on emz mod .

Post by Guest »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:I think your virtual sinc may be on on graphics options on emz mod .
You mean vsync ? (vertical, not virtual)
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

u know wat i mean :D

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”