Sim does Q4 :) [ not ;) ]

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Sim does Q4 :) [ not ;) ]

Post by eXg. Johnny »

Ok, now... sim get your active ass back on here, and start working! Just sleep 4 hours a day bro that is enough for you!

Slap on the q4 mod, and start working on it for q4! You had a promesing start going for q4 now its the time again, because exg gives you your own emz section its time for you to expaind your emz quality's!

Q4 emz???

:D
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

quake 4 q4max:P

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
eXg. Johnny
Forum Master

Post by eXg. Johnny »

eXg. M1ND wrote:quake 4 q4max:P
You must me horny from q4max mind :P thats all you talk about XD

Well back in the day it was more of a favor of XBM, and the emz feature was more like that :)
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

to be perfectly honest. I really liked the over all movement of base Quake 4 with the 1.42 patch better than q4 max. They made it more slippery kinda like what Quake 3 Vq3 is like. where the base version was still a bit Halo ish, however it had a stickier feell to that of doom 3. I think that taking quake 4 and designing a few maps, that are very similar to that of the painkiller game with a bit more air control to that of CPMA you would have a whole new game on your hands here. As far as the Air control, they did a very good job with the 1.3 version of GTR or Gametype Revolution. I just know that Sim would do it better... no offense GTR guys. btw sim lemme know if you are reading our forums, from time to time, if this would be something that you would be interested in. My idea was to create like the best of both worlds. or a way to toggle air control. kinda like Q 3 is. either CPMA or Vq3. you would have like a painkiller type movment, or regular.

either way I think that the maps would be well suited for it. then all it would take is to nuf the weapons down, make the hit boxes back to the square ones, and essentially make the weapon switch faster. lol.. not too much. haha.

P1ng
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Sim does Q4 :)

Post by simulation »

eXg. Johnny wrote:Ok, now... sim get your active ass back on here, and start working! Just sleep 4 hours a day bro that is enough for you!

Slap on the q4 mod, and start working on it for q4! You had a promesing start going for q4 now its the time again, because exg gives you your own emz section its time for you to expaind your emz quality's!

Q4 emz???

:D
Lol. This isn't going to happen. I decided LOOOOOONG ago to abandon EMZ Q4. There was no point, the q4max/xbattle war was raging and both those teams have way more skilled devs than me. q4max already has every feature that EMZ ever did or will.

AnthonyJ @ q4max and TTK-Bandit @ GTR are, IMO, the two best coders on the idTech4 scene. In fact, I have a sneak suspicion that AnthonyJ had a big hand in the actual Q4 1.42 PR.

Sim
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

GTR FTW !

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”