netdemos?

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

JUDGE
Forum Bot

netdemos?

Post by JUDGE »

Are there netdemos in EMZ. I don't care about render demos.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: netdemos?

Post by simulation »

JUDGE wrote:Are there netdemos in EMZ. I don't care about render demos.
Not in the current version of EMZ.

I have netdemos as a stand-alone working mod (99.99% coded but pretty much untested).

This will get merged into the next EMZ release. I'd like to get a beta release out sometime in May, but don't hold me to that ;)

Some video footage of it in action...

http://www.the-emz.com/blog/2007/netdemo5.wmv

Sim
JUDGE
Forum Bot

Post by JUDGE »

simulation wrote:
JUDGE wrote:Are there netdemos in EMZ. I don't care about render demos.
Not in the current version of EMZ.

I have netdemos as a stand-alone working mod (99.99% coded but pretty much untested).

This will get merged into the next EMZ release. I'd like to get a beta release out sometime in May, but don't hold me to that ;)

Some video footage of it in action...

http://www.the-emz.com/blog/2007/netdemo5.wmv

Sim
So there probably won't be many demos for this 50Cal tourney coming up?
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

JUDGE wrote:So there probably won't be many demos for this 50Cal tourney coming up?
Only if people record with Fraps or somesuch. When I announced I was working on netdemos the reactions varied from "silence" to "what is a netdemo?" so I've never been in that much of a hurry to get it completed.

Maybe once it is done some of the top players can play some exhibition games and upload the demos!
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

I think this would be killer... finally a way to watch some of the other top players play in doom... Good find Sim...

Still looking to put some air control in this game to see what would happen... wonder if its even possible... Has there been any mods that have tried this. ??
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

We will be fraps'ing some demos for now.
PrimeviL
Forum N00b

Post by PrimeviL »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:I think this would be killer... finally a way to watch some of the other top players play in doom... Good find Sim...

Still looking to put some air control in this game to see what would happen... wonder if its even possible... Has there been any mods that have tried this. ??
Indeed promode-like would be funny (instaswitch, aircontrol, bunny-hop) all in one gametype callvotable. Btw, are u tried this ?

Otherwise i' can't wait for netdemos function, really gg Sim :)
Last edited by PrimeviL on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

PrimeviL wrote:
eXg. Frag///aster wrote:I think this would be killer... finally a way to watch some of the other top players play in doom... Good find Sim...

Indeed promode-like would be funny (instaswitch, aircontrol, bunny-hop) all in one gametype callvotable. Btw, are u tried this ?

Otherwise i' can't wait for netdemos function, realli gg Sim :)
I saw that thread on D3W, but like I've said a bunch of times I'm nt really interesting in messing with the D3 gameplay.

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”