Anti Spawnrape

The ONLY place to go, for EVERYTHING EMZ.

Moderator: simulation

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Anti Spawnrape

Post by simulation »

This is something I'm working on after a thread on one of the other clan sites.

Imagine a server CVar called emz_sv_respawn_immunity_time.

If it is set to zero, nothing happens.

If it is set to a value players get that many seconds of invulnerability when they spawn. Not only that, but if an enemy shoots them while they're in the "I've just spawned" state then their health goes UP instead of down.

Votable option, obviously.

Sim
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

Hmmm..
Well, I think it's a good idea.
But obviously, there will be people on both sides of the fence on this one.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Phenom wrote:But obviously, there will be people on both sides of the fence on this one.
As always. That is why it will be votable.
J unit {EWZ}
Forum N00b

Post by J unit {EWZ} »

:?:
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

J unit {EWZ} wrote::?:
:!:
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Lame if you ask me. for 1vs1 that is really lame.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
uknonw
Forum Visitor

Post by uknonw »

then vote it off lol
The weapon of the suit is unknown.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well, I don't think I would state anything that Simon did/does is "lame", hehe, but what I really like, is he's thinking outside the box, trying to add things that people do want. Not hard coding directly, but making it voteable, just allows more people to choose how they want EMZ to function.

I vote, good job.

PuN
Ruiner

Post by Ruiner »

There's not much spawnraping on the stock maps during 1vs1 other than frag chamber on occasion. It's a pretty well thought out idea for DM matches, that's where you take the most damage of spawnraping. Let's not forget the horrible maps swelt released for doom3, those maps don't have the qualities to be up tier maps in d3. you know where the person is at all times, you hear the person spawn in at all times, those maps deteriorate your doom3 skills.

don't throw that idea away just yet, add it to the new release as being votable for deathmatch or something.

how about we remove the phrantic2 map from our server entirely? i call a strike for that piece of s**t

:lol:

but i like your ideas sim
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Neat idea, but I don't think it's really necessary. Problem is that even if it is voteable, if some server admins favor it, it's going to be constantly set on the few remaining servers for the game.

But... I don't play anyway, so, I guess my opinion doesn't count for much. :P
`50|Kev!
Forum N00b

Post by `50|Kev! »

Sim, q3 and 4 sort of have anti spawn by setting hp to like 130 or whatever it is. I would suggest you doing the same for Doom3 instead of them being immune to shots. Also them gaining hp on shots is no good either. Go with the q3/4 resolution on this one instead.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

The point is, its there. If its wanted it can be implemented. Otherwise its still old doom.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

`50|Kev! wrote:Sim, q3 and 4 sort of have anti spawn by setting hp to like 130 or whatever it is. I would suggest you doing the same for Doom3 instead of them being immune to shots. Also them gaining hp on shots is no good either. Go with the q3/4 resolution on this one instead.
You can already set intial hp with EMZ: emz_sv_initial_health - That used to be votable in the older EMZ versions but I took that out.

Maybe I could add some standard "EMZ Pro 1v1" configs. I'll come up with some samples and see what people thing of the settings.

[EDIT: It was MAX health that was votable, not initial, perhaps I could add a whole new health/armor vote section!]

I think I'll enable this new immune feature for DM only.
`50|Kev!
Forum N00b

Post by `50|Kev! »

Somehow make it so initial health is higher, and once it goes down (like in q3/4) it can only go back to 100. That would be sweet, also when is the next results update coming from www.the-emz.com ? Its due :D
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

`50|Kev! wrote:Somehow make it so initial health is higher, and once it
goes down (like in q3/4) it can only go back to 100.
That is already be possible with the current EMZ release. If admins set the following...

emz_sv_initial_health 125
emz_sv_max_health 100
`50|Kev! wrote:That would be sweet, also when is the next results update coming from www.the-emz.com ? Its due :D
Well, I can pull the files from my own server this weekend; should have some time.

Any other server results files would be welcome :D

Return to “EMZ -- Enhanced Militarized Zone”