Doom 3 noob needs help

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

Smudger
Quake 4 EU

Doom 3 noob needs help

Post by Smudger »

Hi guys i just got myself a copy of doom3 its running fine but im sure some of you 1337 players can help me out with fps tweaks n stuff so i can be more competitive, ive been to upset chaps and that has helped a little but i know it can be better :( .All advice gratefully recieved thx
wrath of god

Post by wrath of god »

Always glad to see another name added to the doom3 community. Welcome and have fun.
As far as tweaks go - I simply turn off the bells and whistles and set everything else to low. I also adjust my fov. Im sure you will get alot of good tips in reply to your post.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Welcome Smudger. I'll see if I can find a good config. Like Wog said, because D3, is a netcode hog, it's best to play at the lowest resolution you can stand, and then go into your setup, and turn off all the eye candy that you really don't need. Example, if you can play SP at say 1280X1024, then in MP you should go for 1024X768, and under setting/advanced, turn off all shadows, bump maps, high quality special effects, etc.

The less you draw, the faster it will be.

PuN
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

hey smudger ggs yesterday..sry i couldnt play more. the only actual console tweek i use is fov (i use 110). but if u ever c cd\dasferntig show his face in game (if u do then b happy i never c him anymore lol)..than ask him. he has A TON of tweeks that help out alot
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

feel free to hit any of us up on xfire as well..

depending on what mouse you use ur settings as far as sensitivity and smoothing might be different', but u would be more than welcome to have a copy of my config to try,.

xfire. = fragmaster03
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Yo Smudge, here's a few, that you can add to a text file named:

autoexec.cfg

Save a copy of this autoexec, is both your Base folder, as well as your EMZ folder. Again, these are just the surface of what's out there. Because Doom3 LOOKS for, and will EXEC (run), this autoexec.cfg EVERYTIME Doom3 starts, it's a very easy way to update ONE file.

Code: Select all

seta com_allowConsole "1"
seta g_fov 110
seta r_gamma 2.2
seta pm_runbob "0"
seta pm_punpitch "0"
seta pm_runroll "0"
seta pm_walkbob "0"
seta pm_bobpitch "0"
seta pm_bobroll "0"
seta pm_bobup "0"
seta pm_crouchbob "0"
seta emz_cs_weapon_mode_flags ""
seta g_doublevision "0"
seta cl_punkbuster "0"
seta g_decals "0"
seta g_projectilelights "0"
seta g_muzzleflash "0"
PuN
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

The only thing ive ever adjusted it my sens :shock:
Steam: exgdeathrow
QLIVE: deathr0w
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

eXg.Veloc1ty wrote:hey smudger ggs yesterday..sry i couldnt play more. the only actual console tweek i use is fov (i use 110). but if u ever c cd\dasferntig show his face in game (if u do then b happy i never c him anymore lol)..than ask him. he has A TON of tweeks that help out alot
If you ever see him, make note of what time he comes on so I can go own that idiot. :? If he doesn't run when I come in, that is.
-_.\?
Forum Regular

Post by -_.\? »

:)
Last edited by -_.\? on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smudger
Quake 4 EU

Post by Smudger »

Wow thx heaps for all the help guys its running better allready (damn now i have no escuses) :lol: but keep em coming ,only thing now is lack of low ping servers .

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”