Doom 3 tourney

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Doom 3 tourney

Post by mrgreen_ »

http://www.ssdoomclan.com/index-5.html

I found out about this a few days and signed up....if you're interested there's a sign up link on the site.
Description:
The tourney will be double elimination. Each match will be the best of 3 games to 10 frags/10 mins. The games will be held on {SS} Clan EMZ servers. They will be password protected for the tourney. We run EMZ 1.2 and the Punkbuster. The tourney will be held from 2-11:30pm EST on Sat May 19th and from 2-6:30pm EST Sun May 20. Anyone is allowed to register, but spaces will fill up quickly. There is no charge to enter, but Paypal donations are gladly accepted on the Home Page. There are 32 slots available. Our servers are in Virginia and Texas. If ping is going to be a problem then don’t enter. {SS} members are allowed to enter, but referees are not. The map played will be decided by both players. If they cannot agree on a map before hand, they will play Never Outgunned (swd3dm2). The referees will make every effort to take a screen shot of the match, but it cannot be guaranteed. When you register, you must provide your xfire, so that you can be reached by the referee or your opponent before your match. Match times are listed on the Bracket Page. All times will be coordinated by the World Time Server. Click here to register!

Rules:

* Cheating will not be tolerated. Punkbuster will be running at all times.
* You must play your match when it is scheduled or you will forfeit.
* We will allow an FOV up to 130.
* Best of 3 games to 10 frags/10 mins.
* Double elimination.
* No flaming. If you are being offensive, it is at the referee’s discretion to remove you and you will forfeit.
* All decisions by referees are final!

Prizes:

* 1st Prize:
* 2nd Prize:
* 3rd Prize:
eXg. HollowPo1nt
Number Two

Post by eXg. HollowPo1nt »

signed up thx green ;)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

eXg. HollowPo1nt wrote:signed up thx green ;)
Look out, big daddy Wes, is coming fo the prizes. :)

PuN
eXg.Shaggy
Counter-Strike Source

Post by eXg.Shaggy »

signed up to thx green
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Well, I hope they can get this run sucessfully. I do think that a double-elimination 32 slot tournament is too large for the D3 community. From the TN|EMZ Cup experience there just are not enough players.

On a sort of related note, I've asked TTimo at id software if they can do a little more to promote the 1.3.1 patch and he's going to take a look at what can be done.

I hope something happens, because the lack of uptake for the 1.3.1 patch is increasingly frustrating. I'm at a loss as to how the server admins can't manage to upgrade - its not really any different to the 1.3 patch and they all managed to get that working ok.

Sim
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

could you get the 1.31 servers to show up in the 1.3 server list ?.

as there are different versions showing up like 1.2 .
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Sim, I've already sent in a request, and have even linked to the file, and have got nothing yet. I have dual installs, and have checked the 1.31 server lists, and didn't see alot of players, yet, so I hope that they can help promote it to help you out.

I tried the manual pk4 upgrade, and it didn't work for some reason. I'll wait and try again. I agree that a 32man D.E. is a bit much.

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:could you get the 1.31 servers to show up in the 1.3 server list ?.

as there are different versions showing up like 1.2 .
No, the game only shows you the ones that you can connect to using the version you're running. If you want to see all servers use an external browser. I use ASE, but qtracker is nice (I cba to change) and AnthonyJ at q4max has released maxbrowse which is a generic d3/q4/prey browser.

Sim

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”