Doom 3, Wallhacks

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg|c. eQuals wrote:Frag wasn't just 'caught' testing this, he let us all know before.
Well, not strictly true - I had no idea and it was my server the DLL was detected on.

Can't complain too much though, 'cos its helped test the new anti-cheat stuff in 1.3 :)

Sim
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

JUDGE wrote:next everyone will own hacks just for 'testing' purposes. All this right around the time a d3 money tournament is held? You're all going down a slippery slope.

This makes me glad I didn't sign up for that d3 online tourney.
wrath of god

Post by wrath of god »

Ive played with fraggy and chatted with him on many occasions. He doesnt seem the type to use something like this for personal gain. I also know alot of the exg members fairly well. If Team eXg is vouching for fraggy on this - then I believe its a legitimate test. At the same time - its good to know things like this are being watched and can be checked. Something like this gets posted and it allows people to decide based on what they know of the people involved. Game on brothers and sisters!
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

me and frag both are testing a pak ''tweak'' so fair it is provin to be a hack and we were also testing a DLL file. we are still testing on pak file. the pak file can be hack it opens the def and sprcit which aloud you to change your shotgun spit chaingun speed bullets and ect.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

sukki wrote:me and frag both are testing a pak ''tweak'' so fair it is provin to be a hack and we were also testing a DLL file. we are still testing on pak file. the pak file can be hack it opens the def and sprcit which aloud you to change your shotgun spit chaingun speed bullets and ect.
But have you tested this running against a pure, dedicated server? Its the server that controls all of the important aspects of gameplay - such as hit detection.

For example, when you fire the shotgun and it spits out its 12 bullets they're created at the server and synced to the clients.

Hitscan weapons (pistol, machine, chain) are predicted at the client - you get the visual effect of what your PC thinks will happen - but the actual hits on oppenents is controlled by the server - as is all damage etc.
eXg. Gunz
Inactive

Post by eXg. Gunz »

Well I think its just sad. A bounce of loosers that got bullied, picked on or whatever all there life, those are the ones that would think cheating is fun, a way to be better than somebody else, knowing inside they are not. What a sad way of expressing that your not that good. Theres tons of things in the world that anyone can be good at, bill gates did his thing on computers, yall should find what makes you shine. Coming on d3 and trying to bully others with config files, hacks, bots and so forth is just dumb and senseless. Grow the (((())))) up. You destroy the fun out of anothers game and in the end you can never truly say you won, you cheated. Win by your skill then you can be proud of yourself and what you have done. Other than that ill stay away from these types of posts. I get amped to just go off on people like this. So gay.
The GunzIsBack
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

simulation wrote:
sukki wrote:me and frag both are testing a pak ''tweak'' so fair it is provin to be a hack and we were also testing a DLL file. we are still testing on pak file. the pak file can be hack it opens the def and sprcit which aloud you to change your shotgun spit chaingun speed bullets and ect.
But have you tested this running against a pure, dedicated server? Its the server that controls all of the important aspects of gameplay - such as hit detection.

For example, when you fire the shotgun and it spits out its 12 bullets they're created at the server and synced to the clients.

Hitscan weapons (pistol, machine, chain) are predicted at the client - you get the visual effect of what your PC thinks will happen - but the actual hits on oppenents is controlled by the server - as is all damage etc.

yes you have to run a server and then connect to a public server i got it to work like that.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

its funny you mention that. becuase I came to the same conclusion with the server allowing and being teh only thing that would allow such things like aimbots, and or hitscan weapons to change. so that would prove to answer my question of why these game registery hacks only work when YOURSELF hosts a server and when you connect to a pure server they do not. That being said. this means. that u can not use .pk4 files as hacks for personal gain. so then this means exactly what you said. the .dll file would be the only thing that would be able to effect gameplay within a pure dedicated server. Now this does not stop the user frmo being able to connect to a server. what it does is give you SIM, a notification of a corrupted .dll file and then you ban from there. hmmm. Now I"m wondering if you can write a script for a wallhack within this .dll file. can you not create a aimbot. u said it was possible yes? just very hard. Also on a side note. I found this wall hack or w/e you call it a long time ago back when there were guys from eQm rumored to have them. Now I have played with it on several occasions other than this. what I mean by playing with it is. when I am basically getting owned sometimes. I have on occasion turned it on because there have been times like when other people have played where something seemed a little fishy. After I realized it was more me being retarded durning the game I have turned it off. I haven't used it during actuall gameplay for personal gain, unless of course it was against ChoFish. cause he doesn't count. :) As of right now. I am going to reinstall doom 3 because I cannot find my old .dll file that was replaced by this one. too much crap on my desktop. But I don't know.. this has been coming up lately because of certain players. so dunno what will become of this. jsut wanted to set the record straight of my usage of such a thing. its not in my nature to do things like that. not my personality. anyways. enough on it. gg and hf

Frag.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

Chofish!! LOL :lol: Bringing back the funk
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

No worries guys. I will admit, there are about 4 players, that we are keeping a VERY close eye on, and this includes aliased spectating, and match recording, as there have been quite a few "things" brought to our attention. I'm not going to go into detail in a public area, but I will say, that because of these complaints, we ARE taking a very active roll in getting to the bottom of this. Frag, Will, Gunz, and myself were indeed doing damage assesments, and some other tests together, in multiple servers. Sim, I look forward to the progress you are making, and you know how to get me. :)

PuN
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

no glory in the win when haXin if u tell me pointless gaming it is :wink:
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

you shouldnt test hacks against other players unless you inform them first.
JUDGE
Forum Bot

Post by JUDGE »

but if you seriously want to hack, come play me in q4 with them on. I want to see how I do against someone hacking.

It'll be a blast.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:you shouldnt test hacks against other players unless you inform them first.
I'm with you on this one. I don't have a problem with anyone using the hacks for testing purposes for damage assessment and stuff like that, whatever you all are doing, not sure really... but I think if you're going to be using them on other players they should definitely be aware beforehand.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Matt, I'll go into this in far greater detail in the Clan Area. The tests we were doing were in our servers, with clan members, and/or volunteers, who were actively participating IN the testing.

PuN

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”