Who do you rate as best D3 players

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

cd\pan1ck1ng wrote:would be nice to play in one place with no ping ok .ie LAN

PS if I held a LAN party over here in uk u tell me u would fly over here to play ?
if there's a $50,000 prize pot
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

wast3d wrote:

PS if I held a LAN party over here in uk u tell me u would fly over here to play ?
there have to be a $10,000 entree fee
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. sabooya wrote:
wast3d wrote:

there have to be a $10,000 entree fee
and if you lose you get trampled upon by angry ponies.
JUDGE
Forum Bot

Post by JUDGE »

eXg. ShooteR wrote:JUDGE after playing you a few times the past month or so i figured i might of gotten a good word out of you........guess not :?

rukus is still the guy to beat in my book. everytime i beat him or get close, i feel good about the way i played no matter what map it is.

No one really gave this tournament a lot of effort. (At least it didn't seem like it, I sure didn't). So the list of the 'best' is ambiguous and we'll never really know.
`50|Kev!
Forum N00b

Post by `50|Kev! »

ok, yea... judge is right, except RuKus practiced more than everyone from what I can remember. I, being a newly wed, only played my matches and nothing beyond that and still did well. Trading games with clamp and nomadic was easy, and I feel they woulda been dominated if I put a solid weeks training prior to match times. Also, I don't think nomadic or clamp put too many hours in either... or else, they would have beeten my unpracticed self very easily.

From past online tourneys, there is only one young man that trampled me while I was active, but I blame the fact on him being my brother and knowing how to get inside my head. So my list is as follows for the past year:

`50|Thump4
Clamp-ok
`50|Kev!
ck-Nomadic
slain3
g0dm0de
`50|Deetew
RuKus
`50|PalimliX
`50|Vinzzo
`50|MrGreen
Judge

Also note, any one of these players can beet the other on a good day for them, and on their favorite maps etc... But on a more consistent guideline the list provided is how I would rank the top 12 of the current Doom3. unfortunately slain3 missed the finals and was forfeit, and RuKus couldn't play Nomadic cuz he had to wake up early, everyone was unpracticed for the 50cal tourney minus a few players, and Thump4 is out in the Persian Gulf. Other names could be mentioned, BoomstickRUs took a map from clamp-ok, `50|Vinzzo took a map from clamp-ok, I took a map from clamp-ok and nomadic, and knocked nomadic into the lower bracket. Then we can factor in ping, and the 50cal tourney would be a great representation of the current doom3 ranking on lan with a more significant prize pool.

There is no number one in any game. It always changes based on activity or inactivity, prizepools, or anything else that I'm missing. We can only throw a list of the top players and say they have all proven themselves, and it would be fun to see them all play practiced on lan. So theres my last 2 cents for the near future.
ninjatalksho
Forum N00b

Post by ninjatalksho »

Does anyone still play? Is there still a pro-gaming league? Are there still pro-gamers at any 1v1 game? If I buy a new computer and install Doom3 will I be the only one in the server? Are there still Doom 3 servers? Are you guys playing a different game more often?
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

ninjatalksho wrote:Does anyone still play? Is there still a pro-gaming league? Are there still pro-gamers at any 1v1 game? If I buy a new computer and install Doom3 will I be the only one in the server? Are there still Doom 3 servers? Are you guys playing a different game more often?
Not alot of EXG's are on atm. it's been pretty empty on 1vs1 servers since the 50cal tourney ended :S. Quake 3 arena where its at.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

ninjatalksho wrote:Does anyone still play? Is there still a pro-gaming league? Are there still pro-gamers at any 1v1 game? If I buy a new computer and install Doom3 will I be the only one in the server? Are there still Doom 3 servers? Are you guys playing a different game more often?
yes
no
yes
no
yes
n/a
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

euro servers are very active and there are some new clans about with new doom3 addicts running around :)

@kev congratulations and all the best :) and I think what you said is very true and is what I was getting at about Lan .
Suppose only chance would be if everyone pact thier bags and flew to qcon .
But thats impossible for most players (families,work and holidays)
oddy {EWZ}
Forum N00b

Post by oddy {EWZ} »

nice list lots of great players ... kick my ass all day :lol: :lol: still good fun playing you top guys in game helps me learn lol ... join our team game guys on sundays we all have some good fun :P :P
Cognetik
Forum N00b

<---

Post by Cognetik »

<---

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”