Who do you rate as best D3 players

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

ooo and before I forget please do not underestimate the unpredictableness and sillyness, of someone that is good with NAdes in that game. OMFG they can turn a map.
eXg. Suyko
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Suyko »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:ooo and before I forget please do not underestimate the unpredictableness and sillyness, of someone that is good with NAdes in that game. OMFG they can turn a map.
Matt ? lol
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

eXg. Suyko wrote:
eXg. Frag///aster wrote:ooo and before I forget please do not underestimate the unpredictableness and sillyness, of someone that is good with NAdes in that game. OMFG they can turn a map.
Matt ? lol
definately matt, lol
Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

Shooter how IRONIC! You got the super spawn just yesterday vs '50| Vinzzo and turned a 1-0 lead out of it. BUT GAVE UP THE MAP to a 1-1 shotgun. Explain, or is my point made clear for you after experiencing it yourself?
eXg. ShooteR

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

ok kev you were right, i wish i knew how to hold control and play that map a little better though, i still don't like it.
Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

All it is for any map, is practice, and watching more experienced players. Monkey see monkey do is my theory. Just like in Phrantic how people see a new RJ from mega taking almost no dmg to get out, or rj ramp jumping from lower armor, or my 3 yet to be revealed RJs in phrantic that I'm sure you'll see me do sometime in the future :wink: [a no dmg lower armor rj, top armor to cg in 1 second rj, sg to step ramp side rj(most dificult and exciting to see)]

If I'm on later, remind me and I'll try to perform these for you.

For a quick handful of experienced players in Frag Chamber that I recommend you watching are Hollowpoint (believe it or not), Vinzzo, Deetew, MrGreen, Rukus, ReNth or myself. The only way you'll really learn from watching them is if they are playing another great player. Its easy to control vs someone that has no clue how to play the map, so watch 2 giants go vs each other.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

My updated list...people I've seen lately who have impressed me.

X
Tyrant
John
Rukus
Renth
Wisermhil
Eilt
b3n
eXg. ShooteR

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

yeah kev i see where you're coming from, but believe me i've tried and almost completed every possible trickjump in phrantic, some that no one has ever seen as well. id like to see which your talking about :)
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Renth hehe He a cool guy but to a check on him (GUID) ;)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. ShooteR wrote:
eXg. Suyko wrote:
Matt ? lol
definately matt, lol
:wink: You all know you loved them!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Not to keep it in house, but some of my favs, (in house) were/are:

Shooter
Mattinator
mikE_
Hollow Po1nt

You catch one of these guys, when they're on fire, and, well, enough said.

PuN
eXg. ShooteR

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

heh thanks pun, the best thing about playing matt was he was the kinda guy who you wouldn't mind losing to. after he would nade-gay you and take the lead on phrantic (happened almost every time against me) he would throw his little smile face up and add insult to injury. the best part was, if you were on vent with him he would just laugh his ass off, which would make it more fun. lol good times matt.

my list are players as of now:

John
Perfect1on
Kev
ReNth
RuKuS
TyranT
Hollow Po1nt
Boomstick R Us

there are a few others that i have played and they were under aliases, i don't know who they really were, but very skilled as well. my guess is either Vinzzo or Deetew
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Matt was very fun to play. When I was very nooby hes one of the main people who broke me into phrantic.

I'll add another person to my list

7900 GTX

Even though hes an old player and doesn't play anymore he is still one of the best by far
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Watch this space!

I'm using the match data that you can see on the EMZ site to run an Elo based rating system over all 16400 matches. Once this is done I'll upload the results to the database and add a search!

Simply put, an Elo system works by starting everyone with the same original "rating". Then as each match happens the winner gets additional rating points and the loser has points taken away.

The number of points added/taken depends on the rating of your opponent. A high rated player beating a noob won't get as many points as he would from beating a similarly ranked player.

Edit: In the future I may switch to something based on the TrueSkill system developed by Microsoft Research for XBox Live. This has the advantage of working for gametypes other than 1v1, although the math looks a little extreme for me right now ;)

Sim
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

hahah, well thanks guys. :)

I'm sorry Jake... I could never help but laugh on vent, especially if I was playing Mason. I don't remember who was around, but I'll never forget that one nade I got on Perf down in the mega room where I bounced him up and ninja'd the orb. :P

Thanks for the mention Pun!

Also, in the topic of FC, if one player is in control of the big armor piece, cg, and rl, you just need to play a more patient game with the armor pieces.. a good sg blast can turn the entire map around, and if you stay up near the control room and the hallways around it, the plasma can be incredibly deadly for anyone willing to chase you... that's what I used to do, chip down aggressive players with it and wait for a good chance to get in control of the rest of the map. I dunno if you can really say it's an unbalanced map, it's just more difficult to play than most.

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”