Who do you rate as best D3 players

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

JUDGE wrote:Do people still play stock maps? I might play a little some day.
Hell yea when I was active I loved stock maps

Good list Kev
Mogwai {KAN}
Forum Bot

Post by Mogwai {KAN} »

suki..you know I was kidding when I said chofish right?

-The Mog-
ImageImage
Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

yea judge, stock is played. All the new players play the sh*t out of phrantic and swelt maps, but every once in a while a good game is played in frag chamber or edge. All the 50 players and a handful of others will throw up a good challenge on stock. Right now I'm on vacation, and get back March 24th. Hit me up around then and we can knock some rust off each other and have some gg's
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

kev i see you vote for phrantic and play there all the time :o , frag chamber IMO is a completely unfair map, you need to control ONE side to win, rockets, armor, mega. bam. only time thats not true is if a lucky sg shot blows you to hell. edge is a good map, i like it, but i lag like no other when i play tehre. phrantic is getting boring, i started to play aerowalk and i suck there, and neveroutgunned im starting to like a bit more.
Perfect1on
Forum Elite

Post by Perfect1on »

i like all maps. but delta. =]
Specs:
Amd 4800+ Dual Core (2.41ghz)
BFG 8800gt oc 512mb
Asus M2n32-sli motherboard
WD 150 Raptor X harddrive (10,000rpm, 16mb cache)
3 gigs of Corsair XMS ram
550w PSU Antec
X-fi Fatal1ty sound blaster
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I played a game of D3 the other day, first one in ages, ask Wes, I did ok for being so rusty. ;)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

LOL, rusty, hehe. I hear you. :)

Me thinks your rust isn't quite as thick as mine.

PuN
mikE_
Forum Junkie

Post by mikE_ »

i can honestly say i miss d3.. good times
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

mikE_ wrote:i can honestly say i miss d3.. good times
I miss watching you PLAY D3. :)

PuN
Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

Shooter lies, all lies! Well sort of... Frag Chamber is one of the most balanced maps in Doom3, you just don't know how to play it. I've played many players where our games only go to like 4-3 or like 7-5. I'm telling you its like a game of chess if you know what you're doing. You can't just grab a gun like in Phrantic and take back control in Frag Chamber, you have to play it smart. And thats what makes the map so great. And yes I love Phrantic because its fast and exciting, but its definitely no comparison to Frag Chamber's style of play. Two completely different mind sets.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Kev wrote:Shooter lies, all lies! Well sort of... Frag Chamber is one of the most balanced maps in Doom3, you just don't know how to play it. I've played many players where our games only go to like 4-3 or like 7-5. I'm telling you its like a game of chess if you know what you're doing. You can't just grab a gun like in Phrantic and take back control in Frag Chamber, you have to play it smart. And thats what makes the map so great. And yes I love Phrantic because its fast and exciting, but its definitely no comparison to Frag Chamber's style of play. Two completely different mind sets.
I know it's not impossible, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the shotgun spawn near the backpack. If I get that spawn I can assume my opponent also has a shotgun, the armor, a rocket launcher, and probably the mega by the time I've gotten to that side of the map with my one shotgun and oodles of armor.
Now, the MG spawn is fine, but that upper sg spawn is horrible.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. focus wrote:
Kev wrote:Shooter lies, all lies! Well sort of... Frag Chamber is one of the most balanced maps in Doom3, you just don't know how to play it. I've played many players where our games only go to like 4-3 or like 7-5. I'm telling you its like a game of chess if you know what you're doing. You can't just grab a gun like in Phrantic and take back control in Frag Chamber, you have to play it smart. And thats what makes the map so great. And yes I love Phrantic because its fast and exciting, but its definitely no comparison to Frag Chamber's style of play. Two completely different mind sets.
I know it's not impossible, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the shotgun spawn near the backpack. If I get that spawn I can assume my opponent also has a shotgun, the armor, a rocket launcher, and probably the mega by the time I've gotten to that side of the map with my one shotgun and oodles of armor.
if it was my choice where i spawn. i would choose the upper sg half the time. with an sg in my hands i can actually get some kills.
Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

eXg. focus wrote: I know it's not impossible, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the shotgun spawn near the backpack. If I get that spawn I can assume my opponent also has a shotgun, the armor, a rocket launcher, and probably the mega by the time I've gotten to that side of the map with my one shotgun and oodles of armor.
I have to disagree with that. Usually when you spawn at the SG near backpack, your opponent usually spawns at low SG in which he would head for the RL and make an attempt at Mega, meanwhile the other SG guy is on his way to Mega as well OR to armor in which they would meet up and battle for mega. There is NOT an Ultra 1 sided initial spawn in Frag Chamber unless the guy is walking or you take some meaningless route. But that comes with experience.

I have been able to get ChainGun Mega and armor, giving my opponent access to 40 armor in shards, RL and Shotgun. CG has advantage, but without an RL in such a closed hallway map, its almost even. Either way you look at it, it all depends on where each player goes and how "good" they can use the resources they've acquired.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but if I'm holding an RL and have access to 40 armor in Frag Chamber I feel pretty safe... but thats just me.
eXg. ShooteR
Counter-Strike Source/Admin

Post by eXg. ShooteR »

Kev wrote:
eXg. focus wrote: I know it's not impossible, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the shotgun spawn near the backpack. If I get that spawn I can assume my opponent also has a shotgun, the armor, a rocket launcher, and probably the mega by the time I've gotten to that side of the map with my one shotgun and oodles of armor.
I have to disagree with that. Usually when you spawn at the SG near backpack, your opponent usually spawns at low SG in which he would head for the RL and make an attempt at Mega, meanwhile the other SG guy is on his way to Mega as well OR to armor in which they would meet up and battle for mega. There is NOT an Ultra 1 sided initial spawn in Frag Chamber unless the guy is walking or you take some meaningless route. But that comes with experience.

I have been able to get ChainGun Mega and armor, giving my opponent access to 40 armor in shards, RL and Shotgun. CG has advantage, but without an RL in such a closed hallway map, its almost even. Either way you look at it, it all depends on where each player goes and how "good" they can use the resources they've acquired.

I don't know about you or anyone else, but if I'm holding an RL and have access to 40 armor in Frag Chamber I feel pretty safe... but thats just me.
i want to play the guy that YOU played in that match then. your right kev, i don't like frag chamber because i don't know how to play it. i find no fun in running around collecting s**t only to get my ass blown away by 2 rockets in 4 seconds. upper sg spawn = lose match for me. i like phrantic, never outgunned, delta labs, and edge 2 because they seem to be more fast paced.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

all I know is that when someone is running from RL to CG to armor. its Damn near impossible to shoot a rocket which is ussually equiped when in control to hit someone sitting on the stairs when they know u are about to open the door to run across.

This rocks cause you can mess then up bad with a straight close range shotty hit to the head.

unless they get a direct rocket which has been knwn to happen when you play Kev or his brother.

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”