Strange PK4 file on XT server

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Strange PK4 file on XT server

Post by simulation »

Anyone still using D31.3 take care if you visit...

IP: 69.65.15.132:27666 | Name: ||XT|P/-\R/-\D|S3=[1.3] || | Mod: emz

...as it will install xtemzc.pk4 into your emz folder.

Normally this wont be a problem because you'll only use the file if you're connected to that server, but if you run a listen server it will be used.

I've not spent too long looking at it but as far as I can see there isn't much in there (some stuff copied from emz 1.31a that I'm a little pissed about) except they have changed the firing rate of the pistol. It has a 0.1s delay instead of 0.4s.

Sim
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

thanks for the heads up sim :)
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Yes thanks as well. I can very relate to things being changed, that you have created. Just recently caught someone trying to re-use something that I spent a great deal of time on, and pass it off as their own. This has been rectified.

Beyond that, I guess it's a free online world and all. Also, the word was generally speaking once you see modded servers beyond a stock setup, or stock EMZ, it opens the door to, well, you know.

We have always run stock, or stock EMZ, without exception. If I did have a need to attempt a change, Sim you would be the first person I'd talk to.

PuN
eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

Do you have anything on your release that says Copyrighted? If you do tell them to change it. They have no choice unless they will be stupid about it. Threaten them with coart that will wake em up.
ImageImageImageImage
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

eXg. Man0waR wrote:Do you have anything on your release that says Copyrighted? If you do tell them to change it. They have no choice unless they will be stupid about it. Threaten them with coart that will wake em up.
No, we don't. I'm not hugely bothered about the legals; I just think it would be common decency to ask is all.
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Sigh...

http://www.takeforum.com/xtclan/viewtop ... rum=xtclan

If anyone who runs an emz server can supply me with confirmed guids for members of XT please PM me with them. You'll find them in userlist.emz (or userlist1.emz and userlist2.emz with 1.31a).

Thx
Sim
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

they are trouble thats fo sho
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Sim I will PM you regarding some of that. I feel that now, with this said, I spent a great deal of time talking with AlphaMale, who is extremely cool, and he had apparently been given some of MY work by someone, who either didn't state where it came from, and/or was going to re-use it in one form or another. I promptly showed him, that it was clearly my copyrighted work, and he was basically utterly suprised, and took immediate action. On the surface, the current state of affairs at XT is well, questionable, but, I feel that you should directly contact Alpha with any issues, and he will def. handle it immediately. Just like eXg, it is impossible for me to know what every single one of my members is doing, unless I DO find out, hehe, which I always do :)

PuN
simulation
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by simulation »

Ok Pun, thanks I'll PM alphamale on their forums.
XT|Fict1on
Account Suspended

Post by XT|Fict1on »

i have no idea what that file is and what does it do or anything but like i said if u are really concerned talk to chaos on our ventrilo server. and i apologize i didnt know u took part in the make of emz. well i hope u can find the information u want we dont wanna start world war 3. :) have a good 1
eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

Ya that forum was really classy, really really classy. A guy makes a point and is told to leave.
ImageImageImageImage
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

stormblast wrote:i have no idea what that file is and what does it do or anything but like i said if u are really concerned talk to chaos on our ventrilo server. and i apologize i didnt know u took part in the make of emz. well i hope u can find the information u want we dont wanna start world war 3. :) have a good 1
Uhh... I'm pretty sure it was Chaos telling Sim to basically go f**k himself, so I doubt he's going to want to talk to Chaos... :?
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

That file is lame. They did it to Q4max too. $#@*&# lame. Detorying EMZ and q4max. EMZ is awsome. so is q4max. Sim we love your work :)
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eXg. Man0waR
Doom 3

Post by eXg. Man0waR »

Sim is GOD of id software!
ImageImageImageImage
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Def. a coding genius.

PuN

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”