Sabot ROE 1.3.1

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

PrimeviL
Forum N00b

Sabot ROE 1.3.1

Post by PrimeviL »

TinMan has updated his D3 bots:
TinMan wrote:I've got a version of Sabot 7 for D3 1.3.1 ROE that I did a while back, but didn't get to proper testing, have a crack and see if it works, sorry no vanilla version.
A vanilla version probably coming soon too...
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

I'm gonna check this out, thanks
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

does it strafe jump? :P
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Question...

I extracted all the files like it said to my "sabot" (and after it not working, "sabot-roe") folder - there was nothing in it before I put them there. Clicked the bat and loaded up the game, hit "Create new Server" for the internet, and put the map on Phrantic and hit OK. Server loads, and I type in addbot bot_sabot. I get the error: ERROR: Bot cannot find AAS file for map

So then I read the readme and see that it doesnt work with custom maps like phrantic....so I try to load the maps it came with - aas_d3ctf.pk4, aas_d3dm.pk4, aas_d3xpdm.pk4, ect....but when I type "Map ___mapname" in console it says "Can't find map"

Any ideas? Probably something stupid, never tried this mod before. thanks

p.s. Will check this shizzy out: "Combat: Bot can strafe to items during combat"
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

wast3d wrote:Question...

I extracted all the files like it said to my "sabot" (and after it not working, "sabot-roe") folder - there was nothing in it before I put them there. Clicked the bat and loaded up the game, hit "Create new Server" for the internet, and put the map on Phrantic and hit OK. Server loads, and I type in addbot bot_sabot. I get the error: ERROR: Bot cannot find AAS file for map

So then I read the readme and see that it doesnt work with custom maps like phrantic....so I try to load the maps it came with - aas_d3ctf.pk4, aas_d3dm.pk4, aas_d3xpdm.pk4, ect....but when I type "Map ___mapname" in console it says "Can't find map"

Any ideas? Probably something stupid, never tried this mod before. thanks

p.s. Will check this shizzy out: "Combat: Bot can strafe to items during combat"
You probably have to create the AAS files for the bot to work with. Theres a tutorial for this at q4max.com.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

yeah there was a hole stink about the AAS files that you needed for bots to work in q4.. and me thinking since q4 again runs on the D3 engine.. most likey. you have to do the same... however maybe someone has allready made them... you can check it out maybe google.. for Doom3 bot AAS files.

dunno..
PrimeviL
Forum N00b

Post by PrimeviL »

With custom map, try to write runaas with map name to the console.

Ex: runass aerod3

Some maps doesn't work.
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

Count Dracula helped me get it working right, here's the cvar I'm using

addbot bot_sabot aim_accuracy 0 aim_rate 1
mrgreen_
Forum Bot

Post by mrgreen_ »

SAbot FTW!

Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

yo dawg, teach me how to get bots working tonight? Hollah at me.

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”