F.A.O Hollolpoint...

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

Doom3 Mr.T

Post by 72826 »

eXg. Phenom wrote:
eXg. deathr0w wrote:I'm pro end of story
that story belongs in the fiction section.
hehe
There's nothing like the sound of a mandolin as it breaks across another man's face.
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

Ok po1ntblank, I'll replay you, but I always sucked at Doom3.

We'll rematch in Quakelive/ Quake 4 after you kick my ass ;)
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

eXg. Phenom wrote:
Oh snap!

I'd like to see the resalts of the match Focus! It's gonna be good!
Aw3somo.
Forum Regular

Post by Aw3somo. »

I played 15 minutes of practice quake live and i have to say... its pretty darn good and strafe jumping isnt like q4 its more like d3 which is what I always wanted ! imo of course.

I think im gonna start Quakin! (D3 will always be there, but i have a bad feeling I might play less d3 and play more quake live :( i thought the same thing when i first played cod4 but i went back to d3 2 months later.

quakelive feels like UT and I love that. its like gravity is between d3 and q4... balanced. I kinda float easily in q4 (strafes). which isnt a good thing for me. i hate it. i also always felt shots were delayed in q4, rocket laucher doesnt shoot as quick and the players are able to move much faster than I enjoy.

am I wrong if I have the feeling that quakelive's engine and general gameplay is not like q4's? if I like it there must be a huge diff... somewhere
xfire: aw3somo
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

2 things.

1, it's a LOT more comparable to Quake 3 than it is to Quake 4. Very little difference there.

Another, it sounds like you played 1.0 Quake 4, and not the most recent point release.

Quake 4 on 1.3.1 is currently my favorite game, easily, and has been for years.
Aw3somo.
Forum Regular

Post by Aw3somo. »

any ways to remove bump maps or textures to help aim and see your enemy?
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

yeah, it's just in advanced settings of Doom 3. There's further texture removal you could do, to get higher performance than the default "Low" settings will give you, but it's pretty ugly. I use it, but I don't know if you'd be able to go as drastic as bumpmaps enabled to the equivalent of picmip 5.
Aw3somo.
Forum Regular

Post by Aw3somo. »

i was talking about quakelive :)

doom 3 i know mostly everything all the way to mouse seta m_yaw "x"
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

oh quakelive is easy

r_picmip 15

voila, no textures.
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

eXg. Phenom wrote:

hahahahaha

I pWnZoRZ U ALL
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Yeah I hear ya on that man.. I do however have certain issues with Quake live and wish that they would have adopted a painkiller feel to the game..
Not to be confused with CPM.. I don't mean that. I mean painkiller. hehe. anyways.. certain players that only play plus back I have to train more against to outsmart and whoop their asses.. as that game has a tendancy to lend a hand to those types of players.. but I agree, and I love Quake 4.. The rockets are slow as s**t.. especially when 1.42 came out.. and the rail isn't as quick to respond unless you are on lan, and really even then its still a pain in the ass. but there are certain aspects of that, that come to mind as different strats... as far as movment goes that I liked in q4.. but anyways.. I can't wait to get more games in with q live with you guys.. also.. lets get on vent.. and chill while playing.. can share some cool info about the game. :)

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”