Duel Maps

Everything QL related

Moderator: eXg. Pheon1x

hadriel
Open Roster

Duel Maps

Post by hadriel »

Hey I was just wondering if someone could list the maps that are considered competitive for dueling. Decided that if I'm going to play at all I need to actually learn some maps because right now they all confuse me and I want to make sure I practice the right ones. :)

Thanks!
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Re: Duel Maps

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. Hadriel wrote:Hey I was just wondering if someone could list the maps that are considered competitive for dueling. Decided that if I'm going to play at all I need to actually learn some maps because right now they all confuse me and I want to make sure I practice the right ones. :)

Thanks!

Aerowalk, battleforged, dismemberment, Furious Heights, house of decay, lost world, and phrantic
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Thanks!
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

GJ Pheonix.
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

Tournament maps(Quake Con duel maps):

T7(Furious Heights), DM13(Lost World), Aerowalk(hub), Battleforged, ZTN(Blood Run)

Others: T9(House of Decay), Phrantic, DM6(Campgrounds), Dismemberment
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:GJ Pheonix.
Thanks =D
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea, I'd say still practice Campgrounds, but they are trying to get rid of it in tourneys since it's been played soooo much over the years.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Hey guys,

Tony mentioned to me the other day that House of Decay is out of the competitive mappool (yay!). I was just wondering if there have been any other changes and if Campgrounds is officially out yet?

Thanks!
eXg. ^Chip
Forum Groupie

Post by eXg. ^Chip »

I hope not. Thats the only map I know hahaha.
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

Actually yes. ESL has chosen NOT to use battleforged as Quakecon did.

I'd play these maps:

T7(Furious Heights), DM13(Lost World), Aerowalk(hub), T4, ZTN(Blood Run), Dismemberment
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

deathr0w wrote:Actually yes. ESL has chosen NOT to use battleforged as Quakecon did.

I'd play these maps:

T7(Furious Heights), DM13(Lost World), Aerowalk(hub), T4, ZTN(Blood Run), Dismemberment
Sweet, the only map I dislike more than House of Decay is Battleforged lol.

EDIT: s**t nvm, I was thinking of dismemberment...I actually liked Battleforged lol
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea, and surprisingly BF isn't played as much now, either. I liked that one a lot though. And Hektik is really popular now as well... Tough map to learn.
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

Hektik is played but most people dont care for it. When you watch the IEM NA lan soon you will see that Hektik will be dropped 90% of the time same as dismemberment
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

hektik is insane. I love that map.. I think it should be played.. I think people are dropping it because its rape like aerowalk as far as spawns on that map, and you can really rack up the kills on it. People like the Plus back maps. I find that lame.. but my opinion because I can't play that way. :)

Battleforged is okay, just kinda big of a map more of a 2v2 imo.

campgrounds needs to be dropped because its just overplayed and something new just feels right.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

So far dm6 has been dropped from a lot... And I still have seen a fair share of Hektik in the IEM tourneys... I think that with this new update it might be a bit better with how they say they moved the health around. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but that was my biggest complaint was that it was too easy to stock up on health if you are in control. IMO I think that the MH should be removed and they should have the RG down there.

I do like BF a lot though... I don't think it's really too big unless it's the last minute of the game and someone is hiding because they are up by one. Other than that I think it plays well.

Return to “Quake Live”