Mouseaccel

Everything QL related

Moderator: eXg. Pheon1x

phonsc
Forum Visitor

Mouseaccel

Post by phonsc »

A word of warning regarding mouseaccel. It made me very dizzy, and I almost had to throw up. I don't recommend using it at all.
eXg. Pheon1x
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Pheon1x »

...lmao

What the hell did ya set it too???
phonsc
Forum Visitor

Post by phonsc »

1, then I tried 0.1, still made me dizzy. Besides, you're rail shots don't have consistency when you use mouseaccel.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

Seems to work for Fazz
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

those are too high lol

I use .03
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

I don't use Mouse accel in Quake live because it effects your movement. I did use it in Quake 4 because that game the way it was set up really required you to have steady aim for far shots.. and fast response in up close fights. But it was very hard to get used to.. Also in that.. it helped a little with movement. essentially made strafing easier. This is something I took from discussions with Fatal1ty. So that is where I based my decisions to use it or not. I felt a difference.. but again its all comfort and personal preference in the end. :)

hf gl.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

I don't use it. Can't find it to try it lol. I seem to do ok with out it, and based off what I've seen in the posts it seems to more of problem then to help (feeling sick and other things). If it helps you get around corners fast, and easier then ok but if it messes with your shot I really don't need it. I already have troble with the never ending moving hitbox on targets that using the mouse accel may be more of a problem then to help.

And personal perference at the end matters. What feels good, seems right, works for you use it and do it.

Return to “Quake Live”