The AGP Tour

Everything QL related

Moderator: eXg. Pheon1x

eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

The AGP Tour

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Hey guys and fellow eXg'ers.... Frags at it again with some new information regarding the AGP tour. Brought to you by your very own Streetrunner, aka Jarod Reisin. As all of you know I am going to be representing eXg. in this. I hope to bring home a pretty good standing, and high placed finishes but this will not come easy.. It will take lots of practice and dedication.

In the meantime, there is somethings that require every voice in Esports to be heard over there at AGP. At this time that information can be found below.

This is straight from Jarod himself.

Hello everyone. On behalf of the AGP, this is Jarod Reisin. In response to all concerns pertaining to the membership fee’s of the AGP and tournaments, we as a community have a decision to make but I want to make a few things clear:
The AGP is a players association. It is for the players. That is you, the community of Quake Live. We added the online tournaments as a bonus for AGP members but we do not HAVE to sponsor tournaments. This really should be up to you, the community. So, we are having our first public vote on the nature of the AGP, and it is an important one. The current AGP members have majority voted for this to be decided by the community and now I present it to you.

The vote is whether the AGP should begin free to anyone, or keep its current charge for memberships. If it is voted to be free to everyone, we as an association, will still try and get sponsors for tournaments online and off, but we will not be sponsoring any ourselves for now. We also have the option of having pay per tournaments, but that would be the next vote for the AGP. This vote is for the entire community. If it is voted to be free, we will open up all registration to everyone to join shortly after.

It is important to you, the community, to vote in this. The prerogative of the players association is to unite, and organize the players as well as use the unity and organization to grow and sustain all tournaments, Quake Live, and the players to the masses. It’s also here to protect the players. Note that we will be part of and promoting tournaments this year nonetheless, just not directly sponsoring them if this vote is passed. Voting requires no registration and ends on Tuesday night: 10.02.09.

If you would like to vote up it would strongly be encouraged... Hell get all of your Quake live playing butts over there first and sign up... then vote up.. darn it.. or frag will come to your house.. and it will be bad... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

the link to the poll is http://www.agptour.com/polls/

Return to “Quake Live”