eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Quake live tournament.

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Quake Live (PC) Rules

Game Format:
Competition Method: 1 vs. 1
Format: Duel
Maps: Best of 3 maps (finals will be best of 5)
Time Limit: 10 minutes
Frag Limit: 0

Map List

* qzdm6
* qzdm13
* qztourney7
* qztourney9
* ztntourney1

Setup and Configuration:

* Your match server will be setup by an admin 15 minutes prior to match time
* You must add accounts "letha1_" and "rtcel" to your friends list in order to be invited to the tournament server
* Failure to join your match server within 15 minutes will result in a forfeiture

Tournament Guidelines:

* Any disconnection issues that cannot be resolved by the players in the match must be brought to the attention of an admin immediately
* Any use of game exploits, cheats, or any other play deemed “unfair” by an admin may result in disciplinary action up to and including disqualification from the tournament
* All players must save end-of-game score screen shots; in the event of a dispute, these assets will be used as evidence to determine the result of the dispute
* Disputes must be filed within 10 minutes of the completion of the match on the Support page
* All players must be on and ready to play 15 minutes prior to their scheduled match time; it is highly recommeded players idle #msi.support on irc.gamesurge.net to facilitate communication
* Once the match starts, players will not be able to dispute a match on the grounds of match settings
* This events competition guide will also be enforced during all tournament matches, please read through this thoroughly

Rule Changes:
The Administrators reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, event organizer decisions and all other changes deemed necessary to run a successful tournament. Players are responsible to check the rules on a regular basis and prior to the event to ensure they are in complete compliance. Players must understand that rules listed are guidelines to ensure fair and competitive play and are subject to interpretation by the administrators based on the spirit of the game.

Active Players
Andrew Cook (Glockateer)
Andrew Darrow (everkill)
Andrew Pena (0mega)
Andrew Ryder (gellehsak)
Andrew Shope (Shope513)
Brad Johnson (StywoO)
brandon gwyn (br1ck)
Brian Compton (BCGuarantee)
Brian Flander (dkt)
Bryan Gilbert (Gillz)
Bryan Roth (TGMos)
Chance Lacina (Chance)
Christopher Messer (tehnewbz)
cory kunz (sibeliusz)
craig collier (tehoreoz)
Dale Baziw (ChillOut)
Dalton DeMaria (stivali)
Dan Bradham (vamp1re)
Daniel Sturdivant (carnage)
Duece Black (BigDuecey)
Dylan Lederle-Ensign (prpl)
eddie t j (kmrey)
Eric Collins (erickeK)
Gaven Sorensen (whaz)
Gionne Cannister (Curakill)
James C (andre3000)
Jared Cugno (cha0ticz)
Jason Seeley (Unisane)
Jean-Denis Caron (Cinq)
Jeff Abbott (FienD)
Jeff Heakes (Flysher)
Jeffrey Zachary (kmdCoy)
joel bloise (demex)
John Hill (ZeRo4)
Jon Leathery (judge717)
Jon Lunceford (skootz)
Joshua Hall (razek)
Joshua Remington (jovire)
Julian Gould (muhu)
Justin Haynes (Weballergy)
kevin rice (lonewulf)
Kevin Stuhlmann (knossos)
Kyle Mims (relic)
Ludovico Azanza (v1koo)
Mariusz Dyk (lemme5)
matt pavlica (sadistic)
Michael Cutshall (Ultra)
Mike Hawkhertz (Elkenrod)
mike simonyi (mikeson)
mitch navarro (method)
Pablo Vega (mortal1)
ralph pootawn (twitch)
rene corral (cosmos)
Ricardo Bronze (dragaox)
Ron Parten (thewuss)
Ryan Kaw (gwc)
sean dahaghi (sdahaghi)
Shane Hendrixson (rapha)
Simon Touzin-Provost (simz)
Stefan Castillo (LaNcER)
Stephen Cono (ke1evra)
Timothy Fogarty (DaHanG)
tom wall (griffin)
Tony Stoesz (deathr0w)
vijal patel (viju)

Hopefully I will get on this list here soon.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Frag, I hope you DO get on it. :)

I appreciate your help today, and sorry I got home too late to catch you before you rolled out. I hope you guys have a smooth roll up north, and it is fun.

Thanks again.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

I was in this tournament... Paired up with Zero4, but I had to withdraw so I could go to jail for two days... Haha.
Doom3 Mr.T

Post by 72826 »

eXg. dorkiz wrote:I was in this tournament... Paired up with Zero4, but I had to withdraw so I could go to jail for two days... Haha.
lol! That sucks man :\
I see zero4 on every once in a while, i'm sure you can get a match with him sooner or later
There's nothing like the sound of a mandolin as it breaks across another man's face.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

tyrant wrote:
eXg. dorkiz wrote:I was in this tournament... Paired up with Zero4, but I had to withdraw so I could go to jail for two days... Haha.
lol! That sucks man :\
I see zero4 on every once in a while, i'm sure you can get a match with him sooner or later
Yea, I see him on more than a lot of pros, but I really don't care to have a match with him unless it was for the tournament haha. No need for unnecessary raping. ;)
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

Damn sounds like a good line up!
gameover
Open Roster

Post by gameover »

>pwrhz< D!ggy wrote:Damn sounds like a good line up!
pwrhz< D!ggy?? wtf u thot u were exg?? and how the hell u evin find a clan? if that is one lol u never on hell in all the time i bin gaming i most have seen u like 5 times in 6 yers lol
Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Re: Quake live tournament.

Post by deathr0w »

eXg. Frag///aster wrote:64.Tony Stoesz (deathr0w)
I won.
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

I think I'm happy I didn't play in this... I woulda got raped by Z4 lol.

It was fun to watch though. Make sure to check out DKT's double pummel kill on ZTN haha.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

yeah there were some really good matches..

It's really hard to get a real feel for just how many years.. and when I say years.. I mean Freaking YEARS! these players have as far as experience.

For some maybe timing isn't that hard.. but timing multiple items to the second is really hard. I seem to always mess it up. I have been using a cheat sheet to try and memorize timing, but I have to also do it for the very least two items. Then being sneaky enough on maps against players that know all the tricks on those maps because they created them, and are always coming up with new ones is kinda difficult as well.

Frustrating, and really there is no way to compete, until you have put in those years as well to catch up. Either way.. I think its fun, because just like in the World cup with soccer, you might have all those years working for you, and for whatever reason, here comes a new guy that you didn't expect to frag your ass and plays the map in a totally different way, just because he doesn't have those years.

anyways.. my rant. :)
deathr0w
Forum Elite

Post by deathr0w »

I got gayed by Gillz so.. He took me on dm6 which happens to be my worst map. I decided to change things uo and beat him on t7 then he beat me his best map ztn :(
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Hehe I didn't start timing s**t until this game... I always timed things by feel in Q4... One of my biggest problems, although I think I was better at Q4 duel than I am at qlive. Might also be because I've been out of the gaming scene for nearly two years up until recently, but meh. Timing mega and RA isn't too hard right now, although I do lose track in and out during the match when I start thinking strat and s**t... And if I'm getting completely raped it's hard to keep my mind on timing lol.
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

you know its funny.. sometimes I am finding in Quake live that you can get away with timing only certain items and let others go depending on what position you hold on the map. For example.. Bridge on DM6. It really depends.. Also on your aim.. then again if you play Zero4, you have to do all of the above. :)
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

Yea, my aim is what fucks me most of the time, but I just made a big change and it's kinda working, kinda hurting... Went from a 21 sens to an 18 sens a couple weeks back... now I'm at 8 sens with .48 mouse accel. My aim is getting a lot better, but my movement is balls lol.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

eXg.eXuals wrote:
>pwrhz< D!ggy wrote:Damn sounds like a good line up!
pwrhz< D!ggy?? wtf u thot u were exg?? and how the hell u evin find a clan? if that is one lol u never on hell in all the time i bin gaming i most have seen u like 5 times in 6 yers lol
I've been in the background. And yes it is a clan.

Return to “Quake Live”