78%
Private Tourney, Clan members only!
22%

Total votes: 9
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

Just use challonge for brackets- http://challonge.com/

I would still be down to participate in this if we were to actually get it going... likely going to be a challenge to get people back and playing though, let alone getting people on at the same time for matches.

I think it would have to be public to get enough people in.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

soon?
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

Sooner than later is preferable, I have University coming up and my participation could prove to be difficult as time goes on.. I'm still open for it, if we have enough participants, but I believe if we're going to open this to the public we'll need to find a way to allow users to register for it, and I'm not sure if the websites registration is still closed, either way, there needs to be an option for outside players looking to participate to join some how. Maybe Sabooya would be able to assist with his expertise.

If anyone has some insight on how to actually put this into action, don't hesitate to throw up a post, or contact me. Thanks.
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

eXg. TrueGift wrote:Sooner than later is preferable, I have University coming up and my participation could prove to be difficult as time goes on.. I'm still open for it, if we have enough participants, but I believe if we're going to open this to the public we'll need to find a way to allow users to register for it, and I'm not sure if the websites registration is still closed, either way, there needs to be an option for outside players looking to participate to join some how. Maybe Sabooya would be able to assist with his expertise.

If anyone has some insight on how to actually put this into action, don't hesitate to throw up a post, or contact me. Thanks.
challonge also has built-in signup pages for people that opt to go that route. I think that part is easy to manage.

The difficult part will be coordinating players' schedules and keeping the bracket actually moving since this has turned into a bit of a ghost town.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

Maybe it'd be easier to re-open this tournament but in Doom4? :P You're right about the ghost town, not sure we'd be able to keep it moving at this point.
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. Tokealot1919
Inactive

OPTOMISTIC ABOUT THIS!!!!!

Post by eXg. Tokealot1919 »

I'm down to do it! Doom 4 is nothing like Doom 3. Still fun multiplayer i guess at times, but not as much skill i think.... :roll: Would love to do this though. It will never be like the older days, but I think we can def. set something up. I didnt know there were at least around 8 people interested just here in this forum! :shock: :wink: 8) :D
Steam ID: Tokealot1919
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

LOL because I'd have to practice waaay up, rusty rusty....
Kev
Forum Regular

Post by Kev »

MAGA| Kev!
steam: mckev2n
eXg. Frag///aster
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. Frag///aster »

Registered. Donated $10.,, and creating a new sig so can become active again.

Best guys...

Mark.
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

I might be interested, i just suck cause i never play it anymore
eXg. Tokealot1919
Inactive

Another Doom 3 Tournament? :)

Post by eXg. Tokealot1919 »

Hey everyone, I'd be interested in another Doom 3 tournament! Kev, Vinzzo, Rukus, Deathr0w and Shooter did a fantastic job along with everyone else in the tournament playing, and making their way up the ladder. Shooter and Kev were at the top peak dueling it out I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure who ever won the tournament, but regardless of that, great games and good job guys! :wink:. I would love to do this again. If we do this again I'd like to do it where it's all happening in one server as opposed to having the tournament happening in the two servers that were used, which was great except for the lack of maps in one server compared to the other, unless we can get two servers that are equal in maps and latency. Let me know everyone's opinion on this topic. I would be glad to contribute and throw down cash for the tournament.
On a side note, when the eXg server was put up by Wes last year, (then taken down) I said I would throw up a server, and many apologies for not doing that as was talked about at the time. Can anyone recommend the best site for server providing? I would like a server for anyone who would like to jump around that is accessible to Euro and USA gamers. Please PM me on steam preferably. Tokealot1919.
I have been playing CS:GO the past few months. Big thanks to eXg. TrueGift for getting me into playing it and getting mad addicted :D

P.S- Thank you so very much Vinzzo for helping me with my computer when it was done being built with trying to figure out the problem with that choppiness and technical difficulties. Called up customer support for Nvidia, turned out their GPU was having problems at that point running with the Maximus Hero MOBO that I had built with the tower. I really do appreciate your time and help consecutively. Respect for that :wink:

Hope everyone is doing awesome and is enjoying life to the fullest with peace, love and happiness flowing in every direction. Hope to see you all soon in the game world. Please feel free to PM at anytime whatsoever if you see me on Steam or Add Me as a friend if you have not already. Tokealot1919.
Brotherly Love,
~Sean~
Steam ID: Tokealot1919

Return to “General Public Chat”