get ready all you PSers..

Something about anything goes here.
motionOne
Forum Master

get ready all you PSers..

Post by motionOne »

ok, as some of you may know, we have our CS server up. with that, we're going to need a MOTD. a MOTD is basically a welcome screen that comes up whenever you enter the server, or type motd. now, it's gonna be a day or two before we get the server completely configured, and the admin tools working, so you have some time to think about your design.
if any exg members would like to chime in here and throw up some ideas, you're more than welcome.

i'm thinking a big exg type banner, a cool graphic or two, ads for the website, and a message to players.

don't worry, when we have it all together, i'll throw an announcement thread together and it'll be an official contest.
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

If you can't get anything together I think matt has something simple we could already use, just an eXg banner but I like the idea of a nice grpahic. I'm not very good on the creative side but I'll think about it. If anyone has ideas they can't make post them up, I'll keep thinking.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

hey i signed up on gfx forum and they offer to help with such things
there url will then b included offcourse butcheck it out heres the thread by me

http://simplegfx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2584
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Scott, how big is the image ?? What format ?? jpg, gif,

PuN
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

i dont know really. it didn't give me a specific dimension anywhere. you see then when you enter a server, so that could give you an idea..
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

I'd guess around 700x600 give or take, I think .jpg is fine.
XvileX
Forum Junkie

Post by XvileX »

eXg. eQuals wrote:I'd guess around 700x600 give or take, I think .jpg is fine.
I would guess 640 x 480, being that is the lowest gaming resolution anybody probably uses. Again, just a guess.
eXg. sabooya
Doom 3

Post by eXg. sabooya »

XvileX wrote:
eXg. eQuals wrote:I'd guess around 700x600 give or take, I think .jpg is fine.
I would guess 640 x 480, being that is the lowest gaming resolution anybody probably uses. Again, just a guess.
yes otherwise your Motd will be cut off, its better if you use a smal resolution. its also good to have the text left alighned and not that far out.
i know a bit about the CSS MOTD structure (which is basically just HTML) and i might do something for you all to use if you want, if i have time. 8)
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

The size doesn't matter for resolution really, if you for some reason have size 640x480 resolution (dont know why youd be play csss but if lol) you can scroll to view the part of the image you can't see, so that's why it's annoying if they're too big, but there really isn't any 'size limit'. Really anything to fit 800x600 or under I think would work best.
motionOne
Forum Master

Post by motionOne »

yeah, somewhere around 600x400 would probably be good, so those w/ lower res could still see the entire image. now, what do we want on there? later on today ic an post a few examples of other MOTDs so you can get an idea.

Return to “General Public Chat”