$2,000.00 SLI, RAID, Smoker

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

$2,000.00 SLI, RAID, Smoker

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Trying to save a buck or two. You won't find any slouches here. This is a total rig (minus keyboard/mouse). Sexy Case, 550w. PS, Asus SLI MB, 4000+ ClawHammer proc., 2G Corsair XMS, SLI 7800GT's, Plextor DVD, Creative XFI, WD RAID HD (16M cache). This should be AT $2,000.00 SHPPED.

:)

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wi ... SLI+Smokin

PuN
general icon
Forum Junkie

Post by general icon »

u bought all that stuff?!?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

No, but I've been getting alot of requests to price systems out. I've found a very small number I like at builders, but for the money, you can build your own, and get smoking performance. This was just one I threw together last night, trying to keep it under $2,000.00 SHIPPED to you guys. I may work on other price points. :)

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Re: $2,000.00 SLI, RAID, Smoker

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:Trying to save a buck or two. You won't find any slouches here. This is a total rig (minus keyboard/mouse). Sexy Case, 550w. PS, Asus SLI MB, 4000+ ClawHammer proc., 2G Corsair XMS, SLI 7800GT's, Plextor DVD, Creative XFI, WD RAID HD (16M cache). This should be AT $2,000.00 SHPPED.

:)

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wi ... SLI+Smokin

PuN

Good choice on the XFX instead of the EVGA. I take it you read the reviews too?

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

I just read your other post, and wanted to get the 411 on the issue. My 6800GT was an EVGA, and that puppy overclocked like no tomorrow, but my new cards are XFX, again, overclock with no issues. The problem is limited to the EVGA 78 gt's ??

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

eXg. Pun1sher wrote:I just read your other post, and wanted to get the 411 on the issue. My 6800GT was an EVGA, and that puppy overclocked like no tomorrow, but my new cards are XFX, again, overclock with no issues. The problem is limited to the EVGA 78 gt's ??

PuN

With this model number "256-P2-N517-AX" seems like allot of them were sent out with "bad memory" etc. I posted a linky in the other thread.

general icon
Forum Junkie

Post by general icon »

how do u exg guys build ur own rigs?
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

general icon wrote:how do u exg guys build ur own rigs?

I build so many rigs I actually dream about it too. But basically you just gotta buy all the parts and get too it. I will be posting a step by step tutorial soon....

eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well, hehehe, it varies from member to member. Some of them use the "I'm closing my eyes" approach, and others use the "Grounding is for faggs" approach. The best of us research the parts first, check for compatibillity issues, overclocking abillities, order them, and set them up.

PuN
eXg. CrUsH
Admin

Post by eXg. CrUsH »

You will never find two people that build a computer the same. They might like to do this or do that first etc. I have certain steps I take, im sure Dark will chime in but thats ok, cause i will be showing how I do things.

m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

I think the main problem is THE MONEY! :!:

it's all expensive:P and of course you want the best of the best or something thats damn nice... and there always and will be better and newer parts manufactured.................. :o

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
Detrimentalsysmd

Post by Detrimentalsysmd »

why no BFG?
eXg. Pun1sher
Number One

Post by eXg. Pun1sher »

Well so far, with XFX they haven't let me down, so just outta brand loyalty.

PuN
cd\j!JiJijITt3rY
Forum N00b

Post by cd\j!JiJijITt3rY »

I'll take two, put them on my tab
ParadoX
Forum Regular

Post by ParadoX »

grounding is for faggs...thats why i go naked :P damn right mother fuckers lol you can see that in the pics i did in my bio (the small ones) that was right after i finshed transfering...i know im one skinny f**k...you can see i got no shirt on...if you looked down...youd see more than youd ever want to lol hahahaha :lol:

Return to “General Public Chat”